Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Heart strings

Today was the first day since Nolan was born that I felt a twinge of guilt for being away from him for the day. It all started at 5:40 this morning – he started talking in his crib. Since he wasn’t crying I let him talk, and after about 15 minutes it got quiet again – so I thought he had fallen back asleep. Around 6:20 he started making noise again so I went to check on him. He was sitting in his crib, just chillin. I picked him up and snuggled him up, and then handed him over to Adam so I could get to work. While Adam was holding him I said “bye bye Nolan”. He looked at me and said something that sounded exactly like “buh bye mama” – and he repeated it a couple of times – all the while waving bye bye at me! Then he leaned over from Adam to give me a hug. I know, sappy as this sounds it made me want to cuddle him up and stay home with him!

His first day back at daycare went well. Julie couldn’t believe how much he changed since she last saw him! Apparently he’s testing out another new skills – climbing on the dishwasher! Nolan was in the kitchen with Julie, and she had the dishwasher drawer down. He likes to pull himself up in to a standing position on it, which isn’t a big deal. She turned her back for a second to take something out of the microwave, and when she turned back around he was sitting on the dishwasher, laughing his fake laugh at her! We seriously have to keep an eye on him at all times. I guess he’s going to be a little monkey – just like George!

No comments:

Post a Comment