Sunday, October 10, 2010

Where does the time go?



Adam and I have both now survived a day/evening alone with both boys. The previous blog post talked a little bit about my adventure last Sunday (which ended well, with Nolan going to bed at 6 and Kale around 7:30 - Adam went hunting after the Twin's game). Adam had the boys Thursday so I could meet up with some girlfriend's for dinner. His evening didn't go quite as well - Kale cried off and on for an hour and half (unusual for him), and Nolan for about 1/2 that time. I think we both proved to ourselves that we can do it, though, and that even if one or both of the boys is crying they will eventually stop:)

Nolan has become quite the little helper. He throws away his own diapers, puts his dirty clothes in the hamper, and loves to help get things for Kale - burp rag, nook, blanket, etc. He even likes to help me burp him! Nolan is starting to pay a little bit more attention to Kale, primarly because he's making more noise. He still hasn't really gotten jealous yet, but we're sure that will come in due time. Nolan likes to help get himself dressed and undressed (with help from us), and hit another important milestone - sleeping with a big boy pillow in his bed. He also climbs up the steps to slide and goes down by himself. Yesterday afternoon we were playing outside with Nolan and he was in his playhouse. He got so excited to open the shutters on one of the windows that he actually fell out the window. Luckily he stuck his hands out so he didn't hit his head! It was actually quite funny - he was hanging on the window by his waist, his hands on the ground and his feet off the ground. I was impressed he didn't cry!

Kale is almost a month old already, and just started smiling over the weekend. Where in the world does the time go? He is getting very big, and has certainly filled out, at least in his face! He's still wearing mostly newborn clothes, but we're hopeful he'll fit in to some 0-3 month pants soon! He sleeps a lot, but today he was awake a little more. He doesn't seem to mind tummy time, and just started talking to us quite a bit more. Last night we put him to bed after his bath, around 7. I fed him at 8:30 and 10:30, and he slept until 3, and then off and on until I fed him around 3:50. He fell asleep after that bottle and didn't get up again until 7:30. He's been up pretty much since then, but is relaxing in his bouncy chair. Hopefully he'll nap a few times today. I want to get our daily walk in this morning, and start the planning for Kale's baptism, which is this weekend already!

Adam spent the past weekend at his family's farm, hunting and fishing. I took the boys to my parent's house for the weekend - I wasn't ready to watch them by myself for a whole weekend yet! I'm so thankful for the extra help I got with the boys, Nolan had fun playing with grandma and grandpa, and Kale got all sorts of extra attention. Friday night was tough - I only got about 2 hours of sleep. Nolan didn't feel well and was up about every 2 hours, and I made the mistake of sleeping in the same room as Kale. He is so loud, with his grunting and little whines througout the night. My mom was nice enough (again!) to get up with Kale Saturday night so I could a full nights sleep. And that was on top of the 3 hour nap I got Saturday afternoon when Nolan was down!

This week I'm going to make an extra effort to stick a little closer to home. I overbooked myself last week, and was gone every day for something. Once or twice a week is fine, but every day was too much. As long as the weather continues to hold up I'll take my daily walk with Kale. Thursday evening Nolan has another ECFE class. I'm not sure which one of us is going to take him, but it should be fun - plate making!

No comments:

Post a Comment