Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Sweetest Sound

I was driving home from my parent's house tonight, and I couldn't help but overhear Nolan and Kale giggling away in the backseat. Nolan was using his "bankie" to play peek a boo with Kale. I've heard a lot of sounds in my lifetime, but I think the two of them giggling together is the best! This was especially true today. A high school classmate of mine passed away last week, and I attended the wake this evening. I appreciate everything I have, but I've thought about all of it a lot more since hearing the news last Thursday. 33 years is not nearly enough time to spend on earth! Even though I hadn't seen Mike for many years, I still have fond memories of hanging out from 3rd grade - graduation. May he rest in peace!

Kale is 100% healthy. He turned 7 months old last Wednesday! He has 2 teeth and is putting everything in his mouth, all the time. He loves to eat, too. His new favorite thing is to make noises with his lips, which is fine except when he is eating. Adam and I have to remember to change clothes after work, because we end up covered in little bits of food, courtesy of Kale. He likes everything we feed him, but he loves the vibration of his putting his lips together and blowing out even more! He is a squirrely little guy, always on the move. There are times when I don't even put him on the changing table, because it's too much work to keep him on it! He is crawling and rolling everywhere, and is giving Nolan a run for his money!

Nolan has developed a new habit of saying "um" before he answers a question. We're not sure where he picked that up, but both Adam and I need to be more aware of what we say in front of him these days - he loves to repeat it back to us! Two weeks ago today Nolan started potty training himself at daycare. He is generally dry throughout the day and is on the same potty schedule as the other kids. He is so far refusing to cooperate at home, but I've heard that's normal. It is going to take a lot of patience over the next year or so!

A few weeks ago we joined my mom's side of the family in celebrating my grandma's 80th birthday. It was so nice to see all of my relatives, and to spend a night at the hotel with almost everyone. Surprisingly the kids slept really well - although we were the first family up on Sunday morning! Nolan and Kale enjoyed swimming in the pool, and Nolan had a great time looking for money on the floor. He yelled "money" everytime we came across a loose coin, and he was very proud to put it in his piggy bank at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment