Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Great Pumpkin


Saturday was race day for me, Sasha and Kate – the 10 mile Monster Dash in St. Paul. Adam, Chris and Kirk brought the kids to cheer us on. It was such a motivator to know they were there! I give them a ton of credit for bringing the kids and being at three different points during the race. Traffic was crazy and it wasn’t easy to get in and out of the cars with wagons, strollers, bulky winter coats and extra blankets! Our boys actually got in to it and understand that I ran a really long way. Even now when I put on my tennis shoes they ask if I’m going running! After the race we all went to Perkins for a celebratory breakfast. The kids napped when we got home. Things took a bit of a turn after nap time for Kale. We just summed it up to him being 2. He kept pointing to different parts of his body and saying he hurt, but we couldn’t pin point anything. He wouldn’t even put a costume on to go to an early Halloween party in Chan. We figured out right before I left with Nolan for the party that he was running a fever. I swear he’s been either sick or on the verge of being sick since September! He toughed it out and sweated out his fever during his nap on Sunday. He seemed to improve after that, while Nolan went down with a fever and sore throat/tummy ache on Tuesday. I stayed home with him today and after his nap he still had a fever and I saw spots in his throat. I took him to the dr. and of course it was strep. I should have thought ahead to bring Kale with to the appointment, but instead made it difficult for myself. Nolan and I drove back to daycare, picked up Kale, drove back to the clinic, and had Kale tested (of course positive, too). We picked up the medicine and made our way back home. Adam had strep on vacation, too. I’m the only one who hasn’t been sick! Adam got home from his work trip in time for dinner. As a surprise for the kids we carved the pumpkins after that. Kale was way more in to it than Nolan – he loved sticking his hand in the mush. Nolan did turn around and helped pick the seeds out of it. Hopefully the kids will feel better so they can enjoying trick or treating tomorrow night!

The Halloween party that Nolan and I went to was fun. This is the first year that Nolan is really excited about Halloween. He decided to be Lightning McQueen and wore the costume proudly! He loved getting candy and even played all the games to get more toys and candy. His fave candy so far is suckers of any kind. He doesn’t do great with saying trick or treat, but he is polite and says thank you!

Last night at dinner Kale was whining about his food. Nolan looked at him and said “you get what you get and you don’t throw a fit”. I asked Nolan where he learned that, because we never say it. He told me one of the kids at daycare always tells his little brother that. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment