Thursday, June 6, 2013

The meltdowns

I've talked to many girlfriends about this topic, and we all agree on one thing - dinner time can be very challenging.  The kids are tired, usually because they've worked hard to be good all day.  You're tired from work.  It doesn't always make for the best combination.  Tonight both kids, but primarly Kale, had fairly major meltdowns.  I'm sure our neighbors loved hearing Kale screaming that he wanted me to push him on the swing faster - and no matter what I did it wasn't good enough, which meant more tears and screaming.  Nolan was upset because he didn't want to kick his legs.  Then he slid down the slide head first and hurt his tummy.  I told them both we had to go in if they couldn't stop crying.  This was proceeded by more screaming and crying.  Jane warned me when I picked them up after work that Kale didn't nap today.  That's usually not a good sign, and that was the case tonight.  It's so funny because last night the kids were GREAT - no issues, played nicely, and listened well.  I know they can't do that every night, but it wouldn't it be great if they did?

No comments:

Post a Comment