Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Teaching moments

Tonight we were saying prayers with the boys. Nolan was irritated that Kale was humming when he was saying his prayers so he said "Kale, be quiet". He sat there for a few seconds and then said "just shut up". Adam and I were shocked, as he's never talked like that before. We quickly told him that it wasn't okay and we don't say that. Nolan put his head down and I could see tears in his eyes - he knew what he did was wrong. I certainly shouldn't have felt bad but I did. Nolan said he was sorry and we continued on with prayers and our routine. I climbed up the ladder after Nolan was in bed to say good night to him. He looked at me and said "mom, I'm really sorry I said that". It made me realize how little time you actually have with your kids before you start to lose a little control. It's not bad, it's just going to be different. As my mom told me, you'll have many more of these teachable moments coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment