Monday, March 29, 2021

Quarantine

Nolan was finally able to go back to school last Thursday. Unfortunately, Elsa is in quarantine again as of last Wednesday. I got a call from the school around 9:20, letting me know there was an exposure in Elsa's classroom and that I had to come pick up Elsa from school as soon as possible. (the whole class was sent home). Another switch to distance learning. Elsa was a little sad when I picked her up - I don't think she knew what was really going on. Her teacher did a great job of getting the students out the door with all their learning materials for the next two weeks. Thankfully it's a short week this week - only two days of school. We got Elsa tested for COVID on Saturday, and the results came back negative. Grandma Paula and Grandpa Tom are fully vaccinated, so they were happy to take Elsa for a few days this week to coordinate and help out with her distance learning. She was so excited to get her own "Grandma and Grandpa camp"! 

Something that caught me off guard was when Elsa logged in to her math google meets last Wednesday. Her teacher made a comment that she was so happy to be able to see the kids faces, after only seeing them in masks for the school year. The teacher even asked the kids to smile! It broke my heart a little bit to be reminded that the connection teachers crave (like as smile) have been missing this year. 

We had a fun weekend. I got to watch our niece Lalayna dance with her high school dance group on Friday night. It was a smaller crowd due to the socially distancing - we were all spaced out. It was a great show and Lalayna really shined up on the stage - even with a mask on the whole time! My mom and dad came down to celebrate Hattie, Lola and Nolan's birthdays. It was so good to see them and not have to mask up since they are fully vaccinated. Adam and I are fully vaccinated too, so I feel like we can see the light at the end of the COVID tunnel.  

No comments:

Post a Comment