Tuesday, August 18, 2009

How can I be so far behind?















I’ve been meaning to update our blog with the below information for 2 weeks . . . so some of this seems outdated already! I actually wrote this last Monday and just haven’t had time to update – so here it is!

Nolan and I survived Adam being gone for 5 days on his baseball trip with ease! I got in to the swing of things with our morning routine, and other than one day wasn’t thrown off from it. Nolan went to bed at his usual time between 6:30 and 7, so I had a little time for myself to clean the house and get a few other things completed. Nolan was so good I even took him with me to happy hour on Thursday at Fletcher’s! My parents picked Nolan up from daycare on Friday for me, because I had the wedding rehearsal for Melissa and Rob’s wedding at 5 in Monticello. Nolan was good for my parents, but he was a little confused and concerned that I wasn’t there. He never really cried, but he kept sticking out his bottom lip and the big crocodile tears kept forming! They fed him early and got him down for bed by 7, and then he was fine. It stormed pretty bad on Friday night, but luckily Nolan didn’t wake up at all. I got up with him Saturday morning around 6:30 and got him ready for the day, and left the house around 8:15. My hair appointment was at 9 in Edina, and after that Jackie and I got our make-up down at Mac. What a relaxing morning! We made it to the church right on time, but pictures were delayed because the flowers were delivered late. The florist was stuck I-94 and it took him 2 hours to drive 15 miles! We took our first pictures at 3, and were done by 3:30. The wedding was at 4 – it was beautiful! After the ceremony we took a limo to 2 bars and made it to the reception in Buffalo just in time for dinner. Adam surprised me by showing up at the dance around 9. He was tired as he had been driving since 7:30 a.m., but it was good to see him! We woke up with Nolan the next morning and spent the day hanging out together. This is me, Melissa, Lindsey and Jackie at Melissa's wedding.

Nolan is working really hard on his next set of skills. He’s getting really good at sitting, with the help of his boppy. He still has quite a ways to go, but it’s impressive to us none-the-less when he can sit for 3-4 minutes at a time! I think our favorite part of the day with Nolan is getting him up in the morning. He is always happy and greets us with a huge gummy smile! Based on a recommendation from Julie (daycare) we bought some size 3 diapers. His diaper is always super full after nap, to the point where it leaks through. Hopefully the bigger diapers will help. He doesn’t even weigh enough to technically wear them, but he’s going to anyway. They’re super big so they should hold lots and lots!

Last week before Adam’s softball game I was sitting on our front step with Nolan. I had him sitting next to me on the step so his feet could touch the ground. He used that time to practice his sitting and standing skills. It was a weird feeling to realize that it’s no longer my front step, but his front step, too. He just sat there with me and talked while he looked around. It’s just amazing to me how fast he’s growing! I made his 6 month appointment yesterday. 6 months! Pretty crazy.

Adam has been working out at the PGA all week. He worked at the tech check booth, which he realized early on was a lot more work than he anticipated! He was excited because he got to see Tiger every day and was able to take some cool picture of him. He saw a lot of the other big name players yesterday, too. One of the supervisors of the tech check booth noticed that Adam was taking a lot of pictures, so he took Adam out on the course and to the CBS reporting booth! He got to sit at the anchor desk and take a few pictures. Needless to say he was really excited! Adam is a little sore from all the walking and pretty sunburnt, but he’s having fun. This is how close Adam was able to get to Tiger.

Gina and Eric and the girls came in to town last weekend for Eric’s brothers wedding. Adam and I watched the girls Friday night so Gina and Eric could enjoy the rehearsal. Adam didn't get home until after I had given all 3 of the kids a bath - at the same time! I felt like super mom being able to do that by myself! Justin and Christina's wedding was fabulous - my whole family was there. Adam and I left Nolan with Jackie overnight so we can enjoy the wedding and our friends Justin and Lori’s 10th wedding anniversary party. We had so much fun celebrating with them , too - me until 2 am and Adam until 3! I picked up Nolan at 10:30 Sunday morning and Adam spent most of the day at the PGA. We were really happy to get a good report from Jackie. Nolan was good for her, which is good for us - Jackie said she'd do the same thing again for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment