Tuesday, August 4, 2009

And the verdict is 3 more months!

I feel like I’ve been super busy lately, but if you asked me specifically what I’ve been up to you I’d be hard pressed to think of anything too crazy!

Last Friday Nolan had another chiropractor appointment. It went really well. Nolan loved seeing Dr. Amiot, and he never even whimpered when she made a slight adjustment in his neck and back. He’s holding the adjustments really well, so we don’t have to go back for 3 more months! Dr. Amiot said he’s turning his neck just fine, so I think we’re out of the woods in regards to having to do any rehab with him. Friday evening Adam, Nolan and I headed down to St. James for the annual cabin party. It was super cold, but we had so much fun hanging out with everyone. We left around 4 on Saturday and stopped in Mankato on the way home to celebrate our niece Lalayna’s 3rd birthday. It’s hard to believe she’s 3 already! It’s amazing how many toys kids get for birthdays. And yet the most exciting thing was literally the cardboard box her new playhouse was packaged in!

Nolan’s newest trick is that he now lays around with his feet in his hands most of the time, and yesterday discovered he can actually stick his big toe in his mouth and suck on it. Seriously, babies are so flexible! The other huge improvement he’s made in the last 2 weeks is that he’s able to suck his thumb for extended periods of time while he’s falling asleep, and does the same thing when he wakes up at night. We don’t have to get up with him at night, but sometime between 3 and 4 a.m. he usually wakes up and talks. It takes about 20 minutes for him to go back to sleep, but as long as he’s not crying I’m not going to get up!

The next few days should be interesting, as I have Nolan duty through Saturday by myself. Adam just hopped in Eric’s mini-van with Brian and Eric’s buddy Ben and drove off to pick up Ryan in Plymouth. From there they’re driving to Eau Claire to pick up Brian’s brother Mike. The 6 of them are headed on a road trip to Cleveland and Detroit to watch the Twin’s play a few games. They are going to be spending a lot of time together over the next 5 days, so we’ll see how talkative they are when they get back! 3 of the 4 of them were sporting some pretty rockin’ mustaches. It will be interesting to see what the other 2 decide to do!

My friend Melissa is getting married this Saturday and I’m one of the bridesmaids. My folks are going to be down here to help me out with Nolan on Friday and Saturday since Adam isn’t here. I’ll basically be gone all day on Saturday. I sure hope he’s good for them! I know he'll be well taken care of, which is why I'm totally going to enjoy getting pampered. Pedicure, manicure, hair-do and make-up sound like a great way to enjoy some me time!

No comments:

Post a Comment