Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Vital statistics


Nolan had his 4 month check-up today. Here is the important information every new parent wants to hear about their kid, according to the dr.:




Height = 25 1/2 inches (75%)
Weight = 14 lbs 8 oz. (60%)
Head circumference = 16 1/2 inches (50%)

He is doing all the things a 4 month old should be doing, plus some. We talked about feeding him rice cereal, and the dr. recommended we wait to as close to 6 months as possible, as long as he's full and satisfied with his bottle feedings. We're going to wait and see how he does over the next few weeks. He has great range of motion to his left side with his head now, but is having a little bit of an issue looking to the right. Nolan was pretty tired by the time the exam came around, so the dr. seemed to think he was just being stubborn. Adam and I watched him tonight and he was looking both ways with his head just fine. I'm taking him to the chiropractor on Friday, so I guess we'll wait and see what she thinks. He fell asleep between his exam and when the nurse came in to give him his shots, so he was quite surprised to find the nurse giving him a liquid dose of a shot, and then 1 shot in each leg. He cried pretty bad, but as soon as I picked him up he cuddled right in and fell back asleep. The dr. noted how relaxed and happy he is - and he really is like that most of the time!

I had him off his routine most of the weekend. I drove up to my mom and dad's house with him on Friday night. I helped my mom set up a new user account on her computer and then install her i-pod. On Saturday morning me, Nolan, my mom and sister Gina drove to Alexandria to meet up with my other sister's Paulette and Christianne for a little wedding dress shopping for Paulette. She's getting married next June and she wanted to buy her wedding dress before school starts. She found an awesome dress that looks spectacular on her! Me, Gina and Christianne tried on bridesmaid dresses and were lukcy enough to find one we all liked and looked good on us. Nolan hung out with all the ladies at both bridal stores and was fantastic. He felt a lot better after he filled his pants at the first store! Saturday evening Adam and I had a wedding reception and we brought Nolan along. We drove seperate because we weren't sure how he would do. I left around 10 and brought him home, and then he decided to stay up and play until midnight. I was exhausted, but what can you do? I was so happy when he finally went to sleep! Adam was super nice and let me sleep in on Sunday. I needed it! Sunday afternoon was spent at Ellen and Greg's.

Oh, good news on the car front. The CRV is back and running like a champ. Apparantly it needed a software update. Strange, but whatever. We love the new car and all the room it has for our stuff.

This weekend we're heading down to St. James for the annual cabin party with our friends. We're really looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment