Monday, July 6, 2009

And the grade is an A+






Today was Nolan's first day at daycare. Surprisingly everything went smoothly today - except for the fact he started to wake up at 4 a.m.! Other than that minor glitch Adam and I were both able to get ready, take care of Nolan, gather his things for daycare, and be out the door at 7 a.m. Nolan gave Julie lots of smiles when we dropped him off. It was kinda weird to leave him behind, especially after being with him basically 24/7 for the last 15 weeks. But I didn't cry, probably because I feel really good about leaving him with Julie all day. As Adam and I were leaving Julie asked if it was okay if she called us at work, because there is usually something that comes up that needs clarification. We told she most certainly could, but neither of us heard from her all day. When we picked him up a little after 4:30 we received a glowing report from Julie. Nolan was fantastic! He slept for almost 3 hours in the morning, and took a couple of short snoozes in the afternoon. By the time we got him home he was ready for another nap and slept for another hour! Bedtime also came a little earlier tonight - 7:45. And it only took him about 5 minutes to fall asleep. Apparantly daycare is exhausting! I'm very proud of Nolan for being such a good little boy. He made both me and Adam very proud today! Julie also gave us a compliment - that Nolan is one of the cutest, most laid back babies she's watched, and she doesn't think there will be any problems with him that aren't easily fixed. Yeah for good reports from daycare! I managed to make it through most of the day at work without feeling too tired, but I did start to crash around 3. It's quite an adjustment being at work, only because I was getting used to spending Nolan's naptimes laying out in the sun napping, or catching up on all my tv shows. Just like anything else I'll get back in to my routine soon, I'm sure.

Friday was such a fun and relaxing family day, although it did feel like we were in the car most of the day. We started our day at the MN Zoo. Nolan slept through most of it, but Adam and I really enjoyed it. My favorite part was the giraffes! We enjoyed a nice picnic lunch at the zoo before heading home. Nolan slept in the car, and while we were home had a great time smiling, laughing, and almost rolling over from his back to his tummy. He is so close to being able to do it, but his shoulder keeps getting in his way. He also started using his legs to push himself forward while laying on his tummy, almost like he's trying to crawl. While this is an exciting development, I'm pretty sure I'm not ready for him to be mobile yet! After a few hours at home it was time to get changed for the Twin's game. Nolan did really well for being only 3 1/2 months old. I should say he did really well until the Twin's starting scoring some runs. The crowd noise woke him up from his sleep and he got really scared. It was so loud I could hardly hear him crying - but I could sure see his sweaty red face! Yes, when Nolan gets really upset sweat beads up on his head. Strange to see that on a baby! We were with our friends Lance and Jennie and their little boy Will, who is 5 1/2 months old. Will did a bit better than Nolan, meaning he slept through the crowd noise. We made it at the game until the 7th inning. Good thing we didn't stay until the end, because the end of the game occurred at about 12:10 a.m.! It was super fun to take Nolan, but Adam and I agreed that we won't take him back for a little while. At least until he's more comfortable with loud noises!

On Saturday for the 4th we were in Albertville at a pool party. Nolan again was a trooper and did really well all day. He loved being in the water, but it really tired him out. He not only slept for 3 1/2 hours in the afternoon at the poolside, but he fell asleep while I was holding on to him in the pool! The other kids loved being around him, especially Ben and Rhonda's girls. We didn't get to see any fireworks due to Nolan sleeping and the decibel level, but we certainly heard them going off around the lakes. Maybe next year will be Nolan's first exposure to fireworks!

Hopefully the rest of this week will go as smoothly as today did. But if it doesn't we'll just roll with the punches!

No comments:

Post a Comment