Thursday, July 2, 2009

Back to work











It's official - I went back to work this week. So what if it was only for 2 days! I think everyone was happy to see me, and by the looks of my ever expanding meeting and project list I think my co-workers are happy to have me back, too! I'm definitely looking forward to being a member of the working world again. I didn't cry being away from Nolan, but I did have some guilt on Tuesday, as my last meeting of the day ran a 1/2 hour later than expected and I didn't get home until after 5. I was anticipating being home by 4:30, so I had guilt that I was away from him for more than 10 hours. Once he starts daycare his normal schedule will be 7:10 - 4:30 or 4:45. I think the hardest part of going back to work will be for Adam and I to figure out how we're both going to get ready for work, get Nolan ready for daycare and be out the door at 7:10 a.m. every day. There will be some bumps along the road next week, I'm sure. But, everyone else seems to figure it out so I'm sure we will, too. Just like everything else with a baby it will just take some getting used to!

Yesterday Nolan had a chiropractic appointment. It's amazing to see the improvements he's made in just 6 visits. He used to scream bloody murder - yesterday he didn't even cry! His neck is so much better, and the adjustments held up for over a week and half. We go back again at the end of this month for a check-up, and from there he shouldn't need to go anymore. Nolan also has his 4 month check-up the same week as his next chiropractic appointment, so it will be interesting to see what his pediatrician says about his neck movement.

Nolan has definitely found his feet as an object to play with, as you can see in the video post. He is constantly kicking his legs and trying to grab his feet. We added the bumbo chair to our arsenal of toys this week, too. He holds his head up really well and likes sitting in the chair, especially when Adam and I are eating dinner and he can be eye level with us! His voice is continuing to get louder and louder, too. Sometimes I feel like he's shouting at me!

Adam and I purchased a membership to the MN Zoo, so tomorrow is going to be our first family trip to the zoo. Nolan isn't going to remember a thing, but it's really more for us. I haven't been to the zoo since 1983 - the summer my youngest sister was born. I think it's time I go back! We're also going to the Twin's game tomorrow night. Nolan has 4 MN Twin's outfits to wear that are all 3-6 months, so we need to get him to a few games to wear his gear! On Saturday we're going to a pool party, and Sunday we're counting the offering at church, and then probably laying low to recuperate from our busy weekend.

Nolan and I just returned from a walk. It's amazing to me, but the cottonwood trees are still dropping cotton all over the place. Our yard, once again, is covered in cotton.

No comments:

Post a Comment