Wednesday, July 22, 2009

4 months ago . . .




It’s almost hard to imagine life before Nolan since he’s now been here with us for 4 months! Oh wait, I do remember a few things – motorcycle rides, long walks after work, laying out in the sun without interruption – but I digress:) He is turning in to such a little man! We can tell he’s putting on weight, but he’s getting so long that he’s starting to look a little skinny. I know, it’s deceiving when all you see is his little round head, but really, he’s getting skinny! He plays with his toes all the time now, and likes to roll back and forth from side to side. He doesn’t spend a lot of time on his tummy, primarily because he uses his legs to prop himself up and then he flips on to his back. His voice is still a cute little baby voice, but you can hear that it sounds different – maybe a little more scratchy? He still sucks on his hands and thumb all the time, and the drooling is getting worse. We are convinced he’s teething a little bit. Last night he was so uncomfortable and whiny because of his teeth that we had to give him baby Tylenol. He giggles a little more each week, and it’s so funny to hear his laugh develop into a deep belly laugh! Nolan is sleeping through the night without a dream feed most nights, depending on when we give him his last bottle. It is so good to be able to get 6-8 hours of good sleep a night! If he does wake up it’s usually for a diaper change and then he goes right back to sleep. He’s a pretty laid back kid, and I know we’re very lucky. Julie, our daycare provider, continues to tell us what a great kid he is, and how he’s so easy going. He takes either a 3 hour nap in the morning or afternoon, followed by another one hour nap at the opposite time of day. It’s incredible the amount of sleep babies need. I kinda wish that could be me some days! I think back to when he was a tiny newborn and it seems like it was a long time ago. We’re so blessed that he’s healthy and happy!

This last week has been pretty busy. Adam and I are both still trying to get our workouts in after work, but I think we’re finding out it only really works if one of us works out each night. My nights are Monday and Thursday at this point. I’m sure it will get easier as Nolan gets older, right? We were in Mankato for a baby shower for me and Nolan hosted by my aunts this past weekend. None of them had met Nolan yet so it was fun to show him off. Of course he was a perfect baby the whole time we were there. I think he likes all of the attention from the ladies (just like his dad!). Nolan got a ton of cool new gifts – super cute clothes, a doorway exerciser thing, toys, and a new exersaucer. He is one spoiled kid. After the shower Eric and Brian babysat Nolan for us so we could go car shopping. Yes, it’s true. Eric and Brian not only watched Nolan, but they also were watching Emma, Allie, Lalayna and Lola at the same time. At one point they said they looked at each other, looked and the kids, and realized they were outnumbered! Luckily Christianne and Gina got home from their pedicures an hour later to help out, although they did a great job with the kids. Back to car shopping – yes, we decided it was time to get ride of the Jetta. It had almost 110,000 miles on it and we were very squished in it. It was such a fun car to drive, but for a family of 3 it was not very practical! The most frustrating thing about car shopping was that we really had no idea what kind of vehicle we wanted to get. I kept thinking it shouldn’t be this hard to figure out! After we got back from car shopping we hung out at Christianne and Brian’s house. On Sunday we had a family reunion with my dad’s side of the family at a park in Mankato. We hadn’t all gotten together since my grandma passed away over a year ago, so it was time. We had so much fun catching up, and especially watching all the little kids run around. The picture I posted is of all the cousins and the kids. I really hope it’s something we do every year!

We didn’t buy a car last weekend, but we did yesterday! We got a super good deal on a brand new 2009 black Honda CRV. It is going to be a much more practical car for us, especially with all of Nolan’s stuff we have to haul around. The only really big bummer is that we now have 86 miles on it and 3 service lights are on. Honestly, I didn’t sign up to have a brand new vehicle with issues! We’re taking it in to get looked at tomorrow, and depending on what happens we may return it and get a different new one. We’ll see. I just want a vehicle with no problems. Is that so much to ask? I'm trying to think positive thoughts!

Before I sign off I want to give a shout out to my sister Christianne and congratulate her on her first day back to work! Everything is finally back to normal in the world again!

No comments:

Post a Comment