Tuesday, September 15, 2009

How sweet it is



Nolan has officially made the transition to "big people" food. Last night we took one cube of the sweet potatoes I pureed, warmed it up, liquified it a bit with some formula, and fed it to Nolan. Adam and I were both shocked that he liked it - especially since he wasn't a fan of the rice and oatmeal cereal the first time! Hopefully that means he'll like all the other foods we're going to introduce him to . . . but I doubt it:)

Last weekend we were pretty busy. On Friday night Adam, Nolan and I met up with Paulette and Ryan at Buffalo Wild Wings in Plymouth. Nolan did really well, especially since it was way past his usual bed time of 6:30 or 7. On Saturday Adam was golfing, so I took Nolan to Becky's family cabin near South Haven to spend the afternoon with Tammy, Lori, Nikki, Becky and the kids. It was super relaxing - the older kids played together and the younger kids took naps. That meant that we got to hang out and relax, which was awesome. The bummer of the day was that Nolan very suddenly developed either a cold or allergies. He had green gunk coming out of his eyes, was sneezing up a storm and had a constant runny nose. I felt so bad for him! This is the first time he's been sick. I did manage to get him over to Erica and Dave's house for a little while to see Adam's cousins/spouses. Nolan and I stayed until Adam got there, and then I took him home. Getting lots of sleep always tends to make me feel a little better, so I thought I'd try the same with Nolan! On Sunday Nolan seemed to be doing a little bit better so we went to church at 8:30 and then headed off to Buffalo Lake to see Adam's grandma. We had a really nice visit with her. She is an amazing woman. She's 95, walks on the treadmill or rides the excercise bike every day, and still drives. And she beat Adam at pool in 2 out of 3 games!

Adam is at the Twin's game tonight so after Nolan went to bed I finally had a chance to clean the house. I don't have time to clean nearly as often as I used to, and that's been a hard adjustment for me. I do try to keep it in perspective - where would I rather spend my time, cleaning the toilet or hanging out with Adam and Nolan? Yes, I do choose hanging out with Adam and Nolan!

Tomorrow afternoon Jackie and I are heading up to Fargo for a job fair on Thurdsay. Because it's so darn far away we're staying overnight. It will be fun to hang out with Jackie. It's not something we get to do as often as we'd like!

No comments:

Post a Comment