Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Poor baby!


Nolan has been sick since Saturday night at 11:30, and we feel so bad for him! I should clarify that he seems to be feeling better, and his fever is gone, which is a relief. He woke up at 11:30 on Saturday night crying, and when I went to check on him he was a little hot box. After he woke up again at 2:30 and he felt even warmer I gave him some Tylenol, and then he woke up again at 3:30, and then for good at 6:15. He was running a high temp of 102, so all day Sunday I gave him Tylenol and Motrin. He slept for 6 hours on Sunday! When he was awake he only wanted to be held and cuddled. It’s so sad to see your kid like that! We sent him to daycare yesterday because he didn’t have a fever in the morning, but got a call from Julie at 10:30 that his fever had spiked again to 102. I finished up a few things at work and picked him up at noon. I was able to get some work done while he napped. I took him to the dr. at 2, and his fever was down to 99.7, thanks to the Tylenol Julie had given him before I picked him up. He’s also been dealing with this chest/throat congestion off and on since December. The dr. listened to his lungs and heard a crackling in the left lung, so she ordered some x-rays. Luckily they didn’t find anything. They did give him a neb treatment, which really seemed to clear him out. He resisted the mask right away, but the longer I held him and sang to him the more he calmed down, and at the end of the treatment he was pretty relaxed. When the dr. listened to his lungs after the treatment the crackling was gone. The best they can figure is that whatever he has is viral and will run its course. As a parent you just want to make it better for him, which I guess isn’t always possible. Hopefully he’s on the road to recovery. Adam and I weren’t aware that Nolan couldn’t go to daycare until he was fever free for 24 hours, so Adam worked at home today. Based on the no temp status it looks like he’ll be able to go to daycare again tomorrow.

The rest of the weekend was jam packed. Adam was gone ice fishing in Deerwood this weekend, so it was just me and the little man. On Friday after work I picked up Nolan and Jackson (Chris and Sasha’s 1-year old) from daycare. I fed both of them (at the same time, I might add!) and got Jackson ready for Emily (Adam’s cousin) to pick him up. Emily got to our house around 6. Jackson was in his pj’s and ready to go, but I had to install the car seat in Emily’s car first – which took me a bit longer than it should have! While I was installing the car seat Emily was nice enough to keep the car running for me. After I was done Emily packed all of Jackson’s supplies in her car, and came back in to get him. When she got back out to her car and it had turned off (automatic car starter) and had locked her out – with her keys inside! Adam and I have AAA, so I called and they sent s tow truck out to see if it could be unlocked. 45 minutes after the guy arrived Emily was back in her car and leaving with Jackson in tow. During all of this Gina, Emma and Allie showed up, but couldn’t get in our driveway because the tow truck was blocking it. I saw a little space I could squeeze her minivan through, so after she waited in the car with the girls for about 15 minutes I got them inside the house. On Saturday morning I took Nolan to swimming, where he had a great time splashing in the water. I also dunked him for the first time. I was a little scared to do it, but he knows what to do and hasn’t cried yet! Gina and the girls were gone all day Saturday, but I was able to spend time with them on Sunday - despite the fact Nolan was sick. Hopefully the girls didn't pick it up from him! Oh, and a quick side note - Nolan, 10 months, weighs more than little Allie - who turned 2 in October!

No comments:

Post a Comment