Friday, May 21, 2010



Adam, Nolan and I have survived the first week at his new daycare. Actually, the transition has exceeded our expectations! Jane is wonderful, and very patient. And, she has taken time out of her day to call one of us every day to let us know how Nolan is doing, or tell us a funny story about him. We feel so comfortable with her already. Here's what we've learned so far this week:
Monday: He cried when Adam dropped him off, and had a rough first hour. After that he was a little shy around the kids, until one of them started leading him around by his hand! We already knew this, but when he is told "no", "stop" or "don't do that", he gets angry, to the point where he stops breathing and starts to turn an interesting shade of purple! We're used to it (we blow in his face when that happens), but we forgot to tell Jane. When he turned off the tv the first morning she told him no, and went in to that mode. Luckily she knew what to do! He took 2 good naps, played in the sandbox and learned to wipe the sand off his hands.
Tuesday: Didn't cry when we dropped him off. Didn't do as well as napping, but had a great day. Didn't like to meet the new moms, but loves to see the new dads, and Jane's husband. He picked up a few new dance moves, too. He woke up every 2 hours after we put him to bed crying, which is really unusual for him. He was able to calm himself down, but somethings going on (probably teething).
Wednesday: My first day dropping him off. He holds on to my leg and doesn't want me to leave. Luckily, Jane distracts him with the cats. Yes, there are cats, and they are super cuddly. They like to cuddle with him on the couch! He loves, loves, loves to play in the sandbox! I need to get used to the fact that he is going to get dirty, and in a quick hurry. I love Jane's theory (a kid hasn't had a good day until he/she is dirty), but as a self proclaimed "clean kid", it's easier said than done for me! He started getting a cold and I can tell he's starting to not feel well.
Thursday: He clings to me and is crying as I drop him off. Jane has to kind of pry him off me. He had a good day, but Jane could tell he wasn't feeling well. I think it's an ear infection, so I made an appointment for him for Friday a.m. Overall, he had a great day.
Friday: Nolan turns 14 months old today! I took him to the dr. Luckily, no ear infection (just fluid in his left ear that isn't an infection - yet). When they put him on the scale it was about what I expected - 25 lbs, 3 oz.! He is getting really tall, but he won't be measured until next month at his 15th month check-up. He was just fine when I dropped him off with Jane. All the other kids were there already, and they were super excited to see Nolan! He had a great day. He spent about 15 minutes dancing with and imitating Jane. It was so fun for Jane that she called Adam to tell him how much fun she was having with Nolan!

After making it through our first week at new daycare, it was time for me to switch in to party planning mode again, this time for Paulette's bachelorette party. My sister's came on Friay night. Yesterday we left the house around 11:30 or so, had lunch, got pedicures/manicures, stopped at the mall, and made it to our hotel in Minneapolis by 4. We had a lot of fun, eating at the Loop and singing along (and people watching) at the Shout House. Paulette said it was exactly what she wanted, so it turned out well! I didn't get to bed until 2:30 a.m., which is really, really, really late for me. I think my bed is calling my name for a nap! Also, I think my allergies are acting up, or I'm picking up Nolan's cold.

We had a baby appointment last Monday, and I'm measuring right on for our due date. It was a little shocking to step on the scale, but our NP told us it's normal to have a spike during the 6th month. I'm happy to report I passed the gestational diabetes test with flying colors, so hopefully we'll have continued smooth sailing for the next 15 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment