Saturday, January 8, 2011

The first week back




Adam and I had no idea how this week would go, with me being back at work. We were very pleasantly surprised that it exceeded our expectations! Kale is waking up once a night, for about 3-4 minutes between 12:45 and 2 a.m. He doesn't wake up again until sometime between 5:15 and 5:45 a.m. - which is fine because I'm almost ready by then and Adam is just getting up. He picked a great week to sleep through the night! I think part of it is because he's getting so big, and the other part is that he's exhausted after his day at daycare! Jane told me that she can't believe how well he adjusted. He doesn't take long morning naps, but he's giving her at least 3 hours in the afternoon. Every day we picked him up this week he was smiling, so we figure that's a good sign! He loves to watch the other kids, and Jane tells us that they talk to him quite a bit. He sat in an excersaucer for the first time this week, and loves it. We put ours together today, and he bounces around like crazy. He is an active little guy. He also rolled over for the first time from back to tummy, which is great. It goes to show our hard work at PT and at home has paid off! Next week he has a PT and chiropractor appointment, and the week after his is head measurement and 4 month check-up.

Nolan is doing okay, but seems to be battling some type of ailment. We're not sure if it's a tummy thing or something else, but he hasn't quite been himself this week. We have an appointment for him next week, too, to check out his ears. He's still been pretty funny, though. Every Tuesday Adam has archery, so it's just me and the boys during bedtime. My routine is to get Kale fed and in bed around 6:30. During this time Nolan runs back and forth between Kale's room and the living room, whispering to his heart's content. I wasn't sure he could whisper, but with a little practice we made it happen.

I found out that I'll be traveling for work the first week in February. It will be really interesting to figure out how Adam is going to deal with the boys by himself for 4 days. I feel kind of bad, but then I think about how quiet the hotel room is going to be and I don't feel quite as bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment