Thursday, November 17, 2011

Highlights

This month is flying by! Updating the blog has been on my to do list all month, but I just haven't gotten to it. I've been sidetracked by busy weekends and sickness - for both me and the boys! I'm finally on the mend after a week and a half, but now Nolan has pink eye in both eyes and Kale looks as if he's next. I have to say I'm glad I'm headed out of town for the weekend for a little shopping therapy with my mom and sisters! I wish Adam the best of luck - I'm sure they'll do just fine without me:)

Here are a few of the highlights/lowlights from the last 2 weeks:

November 5th: Drive up to Moose Lake to celebrate Maya's 1st birthday. On the way out of the cities see a minivan on fire on I694. Nolan is in awe of it. Stopped at the local muni in Moose Lake to pick up some beverages. Have I mentioned Nolan loves going to the liquor store? Load up the car with our purchases and Nolan announces he has to go potty. I ask him if he can wait, and he says no. We had back in to the muni and find the women's restroom. Me, Nolan and Kale head in to a stall. I get Nolan on the potty and am holding on to him, while Kale bends over to look at the poor woman next to us. I have flashbacks to my sister Gina making friends in the bathroom on our childhood family camping trips. We finish up and head back to the bar area. Nolan spots the popcorn on the floor and asks for popcorn. I say no. Nolan puts his hand on Kale's back to lead him through the bar. I feel like mother of the year.

November 6th: Nolan had so much fun shooting hoops and playing with a huge Thomas the Train set. Kale enjoys doing acrobatic moves on the Little Tikes truck. THey both have fun playing with their 2nd cousins. Nolan finally gets to celebrate Maya's birthday with cake. He's thrilled. I'm happy because both boys slept well, except the darn time change meant that Nolan was up at 4:53 a.m. Luckily he laid in bed with me until 6, when Kale woke up. We had back home after dinner, and after a stop to get a Diet Coke in Hinckley Nolan sees a deer strapped to the roof of a car. He says cool. He asks when Daddy is coming home from hunting, and I tell him tomorrow. On our way around Lake Minnetonka I see 3 houses with their Christmas lights up and plugged in for everyone to see. It's too early for that!


November 8th: My body finally wears out on me and I come down with the fever, aches, chills that the kids had in October. Bummer. Turns in to a cough that is just starting to subside.

November 10th: Celebrate Claire and Mara's birthdays. Nolan and Kale are both thrilled to be able to take home a balloon. Nolan is also thrilled to enjoy 2 pieces of cake, with ice cream. He begins talking about how his birthday is next year, again. This kid loves birthdays!

November 11th - 13th: The boys and I drive to Mankato for the weekend. It's nice to have a little extra help with the kids, since I'm not feeling well. Christianne and I go to her friends house for a personal garage sale of awesome boys clothes. We're pretty well set for clothes through size 5/6! Nolan announces at lunch that he misses his dad, which is totally unprompted and impressive. He then continues to tell Brian how Adam is hunting deers, and that they are does and bucks. He also asks me when he can go hunting. I tell him when he's bigger. Nolan thinks it's fun to play with the Barbie stuff, especially the cars. He races them. Nolan and Kale also played crash with the baby strollers. Lola and Lalayna have 3 strollers, so there were plenty to crash. Nolan and Lalayna helped Brian shovel leaves, and then played in the them with Lola and Kale. We made our first trip to the library. Both boys thought it was great. Nolan's favorite part was seeing the fish. Kale just liked running around. Before we left the library Christianne let all the kids throw pennies in the fountain. We love cheap entertainment! The boys were nice and worn out Saturday night, but so were the adults. Everyone was in bed at 9:30.

November 13th: I got to work with about 25% of my normal voice. Not a huge deal, except that I'm facilitating new employee orientation. Nolan starts wearing pull ups to bed. He has been dry overnight all week! He has an occassional accident, but all in all he's potty trained. It's only been 7 weeks since we started the big potty push, so we're happy with the results.

November 16th: Kale is talking more and more. He is saying versions of: I love you, Rielle (one of the girls at daycare), and brother - which is what he calls Nolan.


November 17th: Nolan woke up at 4 a.m., upset because his eyes were stuck. He also kept telling us he had dirt in his eye. We take a look and are not so pleasantly surprised that he has pink eye. Adam stayed home with him. Nolan went to the dr. and got his eye drops. He also got a haircut. The stylist asked him if he wanted a combover over a fohawk (fake mohawk). He wanted the fohawk, and he looked adorable! Adam kept his lunch plans with some old co-workers, so I got to stop by and see them. At dinner I asked Nolan if he was a bunny, because he was eating a lot of lettuce. He said, "no, I'm a big boy".

Hard to believe we'll be celebrating Thanksgiving next week, and then pulling out the Christmas decorations right after that. I'm looking forward to a fun and busy holiday season with all my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment