Friday, November 4, 2011

Out to eat

I was a little late picking up the boys from daycare tonight. Adam is out of town hunting for the weekend, so instead of rushing home to make dinner I decided to take them to the local restaurant. I told Nolan on the way there that we were going out to eat, and asked him what he wanted. He stated "chicken and ranch". That cracked me up, because last night we asked Nolan what his favorite meal was, and he said the same thing! The boys behaved themselves perfectly while we were there. I am always so thankful, because I'm sure other people at the restaurant get a little nervous when a mom with 2 small children sits down next to them. I ended up giving Nolan 3 options for dinner - pancakes, grilled cheese or chicken and ranch. He picked pancakes for himself, and chicken and ranch for Kale. While we waited for our food they both colored. Kale even kept his coloring on the paper. Nolan and I carried on a nice conversation about the man in the moon, fire engines, stars, cars, milk and football. Kale even piped in, talking about me (mama) and bananas! Both of the boys ate like champs - pancakes, chicken strips, fruit and a few french fries. I even got to enjoy my meal, which doesn't happen at home that often! A couple sitting in a booth in front of us stopped by on their way out to compliment me on how well behaved they were. I know I've said this, but it make me so proud as a mom to see my boys behave, and to have it get noticed. Hopefully it will continue, even as they get older!

Tomorrow I'm heading up to Moose Lake with the kids to attend a 1st birthday party. We're leaving after lunch, so hopefully they'll both nap. 95% of the time they do really well in the car, so I'm not too worried. It will be fun for the kids to have a few playmates. I'm not nearly as fun as other little kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment