Thursday, April 25, 2013

What the heck?

Nolan is such a sponge right now.  He has come home from daycare in the last week and talked about the planets, counting in units (mom, this looks like 4 units of milk in my glass) and adding simple numbers. One of his new favorite sayings is "what the heck?"  I asked him where he learned it and he said Jane.  I love it!

At daycare they discussed fire safety and stranger danger.  Jane gave me the heads up, so we talked to the boys about it at dinner. Both Nolan and Kale talked about how they need to go to the sandbox at daycare if there is a fire.  Nolan said his job is to hold Kale.  I'm glad he listens, and how sweet is that? It had never occured to either me or Adam that we should make an escape plan. We decided that we'll meet by the swingset if there is a fire at our house, and that Nolan's job is the same, to hold Kale.  Shortly after that we touched on stranger danger.  Both of the boys told us they shouldn't go with strangers and that they needed to yell for mom and dad.  We explained to them that they should yell really loud and run as fast as they can.  I'm really glad Jane keeps us accountable for having these types of conversations with the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment