Monday, August 26, 2013

Hungry, hungry Kale

Kale is a pretty picky eater. He usually eats one good meal a day, and then picks at his food for the other meals - and asks for snacks in between. This morning I made eggs and turkey bacon for breakfast. Kale was being an especially slow eater, so in order for him to get moving I told him I would wrap up his plate with 1/2 of his eggs, 1 slice of turkey bacon and a half of pear and he could take it to Jane's house. Jane texted me about an hour and a half later to let me know that Kale had just stopped eating breakfast, which included the food I brought from home for him, 3 bunches of grapes, celery with peanut butter, two bowls of cereal and a half of a bagel. Jane said she told him that he needed to give his tummy a rest and he could have more later, and he proceeded to ask if he could have meatballs for lunch. Jane texted me again after lunch to let me know he ate 3 meatballs, 1 crescent roll, 2 carrots from the garden (about 3 inches long) and 3/4 cup of fruit salad. He finally told Jane he was full after all of that. When I picked the kids up Jane told me he ate 1/2 of an apple for snack, and to top it off he ate a good dinner for Adam, too. He must be growing, because he NEVER eats like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment