Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The backpack

Nolan is the first kid up in our house the majority of the time. During the week he'll sneak out of his room to try and surprise me when I'm prepping breakfast. I always hear him, but I let him think I don't. This morning I heard the door open and was expecting him. It took longer than usual for him to get to the kitchen, and I could hear a rustling sound along the way. He finally got to the kitchen and said hi to me, and when I looked he was proudly wearing his new spiderman backpack that we picked up for him for preschool. I told him how awesome he looked and he asked if he could put food in it. I explained to him that we didn't put food in backpacks. He looked at me and said, "you're right, Mom. Food goes in lunchboxes."

No comments:

Post a Comment