Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Christmas concert

Adam took Nolan to church this morning and I stayed home with Elsa and Kale.  The kids were going to be practicing for the concert later tonight, so we decided since Kale wasn't participating he wouldn't go.  The 3 of us actually had a nice time at home together.  Nolan came home from church and made it a point to tell me that he sang really loud and did all the actions at practice.  I knew he would turn it around!

My mom got to our house this afternoon for her extended stay.  She stayed at home with Kale and Elsa while Adam and I took Nolan to the concert.  Fifteen minutes before the start of the concert I took him to get dressed.  Disaster struck, as I foolishly thought he would fit in to his "too big for him last year" Christmas outfit.  I literally had nothing else to dress him in - poor planning on my part!  He had to wear the too tight black dress pants, and I did find a black/grey sweater for him to wear.  I felt so bad for him during the concert, because he kept itching his waist line where the pants were too tight!  Lesson learned - try on clothes well in advance of when you need them!

Nolan made us very proud at the concert. It's actually more of a play that involves more of the older kids, but Nolan did great being patient in between the scenes. I was hoping to get all of it on video, but our camcorder is on the fritz.  I hope what we took worked!



No comments:

Post a Comment