Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Time to slow down

I came to a pretty big realization today, after I locked Elsa in the minivan at daycare.  We had been running around all day, visiting my work and doing errands.  At the end of the day was the daycare Christmas party. When we got there I wanted to be sure to park on the street so I could leave easily.  Thank goodness I did, because after I locked her in the car I had to take Jane's car back to our house to get our spare key. Had I parked in the driveway I would have blocked the car!  It's also a good thing that Adam doesn't carry the spare van key with him, as he was working in Baldwin, WI - a mere 1 1/2 hour car ride away!  The good news is that it wasn't as cold outside and she slept for most of the 10 minutes I was gone.  You would think I would have been more worked up, but I wasn't.  She was warm and cozy in her car seat and Devin stayed outside with her.

The boys had a great time at the party.  Both of them received a Dusty Crophopper remote control plane from Jane, and they LOVE it.  Kale also got a camera and Nolan a Crayola art kit from their friend who drew their name.  Kale has really enjoyed taking pictures of Elsa, and both of the boys have become quite the artists.  Nolan drew a dinosaur and it actually looks like a dinosaur!

No comments:

Post a Comment