Friday, February 7, 2014

Back to school for Mom

I spent yesterday morning with Nolan at preschool. He knew all week that I was going to be visiting and couldn't wait - all his teachers knew and so did Jane!  He gave me a big hug when I showed up in the classroom.  I love that he still thinks it's cool to hug his mom in public!  It was so much fun to be with him to see what he does every day.  Nolan doesn't always want to tell us details about his day, so this was a great way for me to understand the routine.  I  had the most fun being a part of his small group as they went from station to station. I shouldn't be surprised by this, but Nolan is a great listener.  He was always one of the first to sit criss cross applesauce with his hands in his lap, and he stood completely still in line.  The teacher probably tells all parent's this, but she said Nolan is one of the favorite friends in the class.  I could tell when they had to do group activities - he was the kid all the other kids wanted to be paired up with!  I left the classroom feeling very proud of him.  I also got to spend 10 minutes before lunch with him in Adventure Club.  The teacher invited me to read a story to the class.  Nolan even got to pick the book - Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready for Kindergarten.  After that I was a participant in the Tootie Tots song!  After that I got to experience lunch time.  Nolan did a great job of showing me what to do - even telling me to make sure I took a tray from the top of the pile!  It was fun to get to meet and visit with the friends he talks about every day.  I told Adam that he needs to visit Nolan before the end of the year, too.  I appreciate his day so much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment