Monday, February 16, 2009

Let's Dish-by the Rookie

Hello out there...not sure who's going to look at this other than Tricia and I, but since you're here you might as well get what you paid for...

This is my first attempt at blogging, so work with me on this. Tricia and I have both begun to nest-I say this because we did one of the most "grown-up" things we've ever done together this last Saturday. We spent a relaxing Valentine's day at Let's Dish preparing all sorts of meals with the hope that once the little one comes, we'll be able to lower our stress level with some pre-made food dishes. We spent 2 1/2 hours making 8 different meals, and 16 servings, to freeze. (If you would've told me 5 years ago I'd be dressed in an apron, pre-cooking food on a Saturday I never would've believed it!)

Other than that I know that I've begun to concentrate more on the hopes and "what-ifs" about this little person that is going to be showing up soon. I'm looking forward to being greeted with a smile at the sound my voice, and knowing that someday this same person is going to be calling us Mom and Dad...pretty cool. On the flip side, I'm not particularly looking forward to the diaper changes, but after the first hundred or so I'm sure I won't mind!
I could continue on, but since there's no rush just yet-there will be plenty of late night rocking time to try and type the baby to sleep... See ya. PS - Tricia is 35 weeks in the picture . . .

1 comment:

  1. You are very wise young Jedis. Robb pleaded with me to go and do this before Claire was born and I blithely insisted life would not be THAT different after baby. Oh how I was so wrong.

    ReplyDelete