Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I just can't seem to find the time!


Well, we're at week 3.5 with Nolan, and the biggest surprise for me so far (besides the complete lack of sleep) is that even though I'm home all day I can't seem to find the time to get on the computer for more than 5 minutes! I actually started an entry last Thursday, but I haven't gotten back to it. So, here is an update of the last few weeks.

Adam and I are still adjusting to having our new addition around. It's amazing how quickly you realize that this little baby has taken over your life - and schedule! Nolan's reflux is getting better, although he is still pretty uncomfortable. We're just keeping an eye on it at this point and continuing to keep him upright after eating.

We've covered a lot of the firsts in the last week or so - first dr. appointment, first bath, first holiday (Easter), first walk around the neighborhood, first visit to see Adam at work, first trip to Target, first time away from Nolan to attend the Twin's home opener, and first time trimming Nolan's nails! Most things have gone really well. Nolan is still struggling to sleep. His favorite place to sleep is in the arms of either me or Adam, which is okay during day hours but rather difficult at night. His current schedule is to sleep for 2 hours at night and then be up for an hour or two to eat and hang out. Needless to say I'm walking around in a bit of a fog most days! Nolan is gaining quite a bit of weight though, and he's up to eating almost 4 oz. at each feeding, so more sleep has to be on the way! Nolan has recently discovered that he enjoys spending time on his activity mat, which is fun. He's also getting really close to smiling on his own - maybe by next week we'll be able to report on that!

I've been doing my best to nap when Nolan is napping to make up for my lack of sleep. Most days I'm able to get about an hour and half nap, which helps me get through the rest of the day. I've also been trying to get outside whenever I can. Adam has been great about taking Nolan when he gets home from work so I can get out and get some fresh air on a nice long walk! Speaking of firsts, how could I forget about my big first this week? Adam and I have a huge squirrel and chipmunk problem in our backyard. The chipmunks are trying to burrow under our hot tub, which is a problem. Yesterday I saw a chipmunk eating beneath the birdfeeder, so I took a shot at it with Greg's borrowed BB gun. Well, the chipmunk never saw it coming. I only meant to scare it with a shot in the butt but ended up killing it! Good thing Adam was around to clean up my mess!

This upcoming weekend we're looking forward to celebrating Nolan's baptism. The rest of this week will be spent getting ready for company. Hope everyone is enjoying the nice spring weather - we all deserve it after the long winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment