Monday, April 27, 2009

Third time is the charm



I feel like it's been a while since I've written - and it has! I'm not sure where the days go anymore, but they are flying by. Hard to believe it's been 5 weeks since Nolan was born! He is doing really well, and it appears that we may have found the right formula for him - Similac Sensitive. We're going to give it another week, but so far so good. He's gaining weHight, and I'd say he's close to 9 lbs now. He's sleeping between 2 1/2 and 3 hours at night, which is fabulous! He's also found his voice, which is really fun. He coos and squeaks quite a bit. Good thing his voice is cute, so far! He's smiling a lot more, too.

Baptism went really well. After 2 failed attempts to attend church as a family (one of us had to take Nolan out due to him crying!) he made it through an entire service without crying! Nolan puts on a great show whenever we have company over -he was perfect the whole day. He didn't make a sound, even when the pastor poured water on his head. It was pround moment for both me and Adam! After baptism both our families came over to our house for a little lunch and socializing. Good thing our garage is heated because it was very chilly outside and we couldn't fit all 24 members of our family comfortably inside our house. Our nieces had fun running in and out between the house and the garage. I'm glad we have a basement where they can scream and run around to their hearts content, because all 4 of them can now scream really well! Adam and I both really enjoyed the day.

Last Tuesday Nolan officially turned 1 month old. It's pretty amazing to look at his pictures from when he was born and compare them to how he looks now. He has changed so much! We decided that in order to properly track his growth and changes we're going to take a picture on his monthly birthdate with him and his Curious George stuffed animal. It will be fun to compare those pictures next year!

My friends and co-workers hosted a baby shower for us last Wednesday at McCoy's in St. Louis Park. It was so fun to be able to bring Nolan and show him off! Again, he was a perfect little baby, just sleeping away in everyones arms. I have the best girlfriends who put on a great shower. We received so many nice gifts are thankful to have such good friends.

To end the week Adam and I attended a prom party. Yes, your read it correctly, a prom party. Our friends Kirk and Kate had a great idea to host a prom, circa 1987, so we joined them and formed a prom planning committee. The big event was Saturday, and it was awesome! All our friends took the theme and ran with it, so we had a great looking group of people. We even had a grand march and crowned a king and queen - congrats to Justin and Lori! It was super nice to be able to leave Nolan in the capable hands of Jackie and Melissa. Again, I can not stress how important it is to have great friends to help out!

Today I decided it was time to start really exercising, so in addition to my own ab workouts and power walks I'm going to start attending formal classes a few days a week, sponsored through our community ed. I know it takes 9 months to gain all the weight, but I'm really ready for it all to come off, especially before swimsuit season! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment