Monday, October 26, 2009

Double Duty

Adam and I babysat Chris and Sasha’s little boy Jackson on Saturday while they attended a class in Bloomington. Jackson is 9 months old and is a busy little boy! He was so good, though. He’s really laid back and is very happy. He and Nolan weren’t too interested in one another, but every once in a while it seemed liked they were trying to talk to each other! Luckily Adam was around this weekend to help out. Even with 2 good babies I’m not sure I could have done it on my own – or at least as well as I did with the 2 of us! It was really fun to hang out with Chris and Sasha Saturday night after the boys went to bed, too. The crappy weather even let up enough so we could have a bonfire!

Adam’s last day at Park Nicollet was last Wednesday. He is moving on to bigger and better things at UnitedHealth Group in the internal audit area of their Ovations program. I'm really excited for him, but selfishly I'll miss having him across the parking lot. I really enjoyed our lunch "dates" and walks around Wolfe Lake! To celebrate being in betweeen job he spent Wed – Fri in Deerwood at Gina and Eric’s house duck hunting. He loves to hunt, so he was a bit disappointed with the lack of ducks he saw. He sure made it interesting, though – first by poking a hole in his boat and then by losing his cell phone in the woods. While one side of his boat was taking on water he figured out that if he sat on the other end his weight balanced it out enough that it wouldn't sink. He did stop at a boat repair shop in Aitkin and was able to put some stuff in the hole to seal it. Hopefully it still floats! The bad news is he spent an hour and a half looking for his self phone but didn’t find it. Yesterday morning we went to the Eden Prairie Verizon store and he bought a new phone. They were able to transfer all my phone numbers in to his new phone so he has a few phone numbers, but it’s significantly less than the contacts he had in his phone! If you’re reading this and Adam used to have your phone number, please e-mail it to him so he can add it to his phone!

Nolan and I spent a lot of quality time together last week. He is a very content and happy baby, but it’s so much easier when Adam is around to help out. By the time I get home, pick him up, feed him, play with him, bathe him and put him to bed I’m exhausted, and then I have to do my chores around the house! Oh well, it’s nothing new to all the working moms out there, just something I need to get used to! Nolan is getting closer to crawling every day. We don’t have that much time left of being able to leave him alone and know he won’t go anywhere! Yesterday I pureed a bunch of new foods for him to try, so we’ll see what happens. I was feeling domestic so I made a turkey for me and Adam and then pureed some for Nolan. I also made squash, cauliflower and nectarines, and a few weeks ago I made pears and beef. He hasn’t had a reaction to any of the foods yet, so I hope that’s a good sign.

On Friday when I got home from work I noticed the house felt chilly. I checked the temp and sure enough it was quite a bit colder than it should be. By this time Nolan was home with me from daycare so I put a few more layers on him, turned on the fireplace and turned the furnace off and then on again. It started, but didn't kick in. And then I smelled natural gas. To on the safe side I went outside with Nolan and called Centerpoint. After a series of questions the representative suggested I not go back in the house and wait outside for someone to come and check for a gas leak. It's a good thing I have nice neighbors who welcomed us in their house to wait - Nolan and I would have been outside for over an hour! Just as I went back over to our house to get Nolan his dinner the guy showed up - and of course it didn't smell like gas anymore. He figured out that the furnace was starting and the gas was trying to light but the igniter wasn't lighting it. I called a nice heating repair guy around 6:30 Friday night, and by 8:30 we had heat again. The bill wasn't fun to pay, but with Nolan around we figured we best keep the house warm!

There's not a lot going on this week, other than dinner with some friends. I worked out tonight and plan to again on Thursday. Hopefully I can keep my eating habits on track, too!

The video post is of Nolan eating puffs. We started him on that 2 weeks ago, and he gets better at it every day!

PS If you look closely at the picture of Nolan in the highchair you can see his little tooth in the bottom right. No new teeth yet, but he's drooling up a storm so that means something will be happening soon, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment