Monday, October 19, 2009

Rub a dub dub . . .

Nolan crapped in the tub!

Well, talk about a way to end the weekend. After a nice weekend in Browerville at Tricia’s parent’s house with the rest of her family (minus Brian cuz he had to work), Tricia was at home yesterday going through Nolan’s bedtime routine, which happened to include a bath. Well, I was just getting in from running around outside (getting a bunch of the yard stuff and pre-snow fun taken care of) and as I come in the house I hear Tricia talking to Nolan really excitedly… I soon would know why! Well, the youngest member of our family was relaxing in his bath, a little too much! Apparently, as his face turned red Tricia didn’t know exactly what was happening…come to find out Nolan had “dropped the kids off at the pool”-while he was still in it!! Ah, yet again, the phrase “I didn’t expect that” has been use in our house. Call it luck, or just strategery (I love that made-up word), but I hadn’t changed a #2 diaper in about a month. So, I stepped up to the plate and went in, but I should’ve been wearing the clothes pin on my nose that my mom had given me on my diaper changing tool belt at our baby shower! Without getting into too much more detail, I’ll just say I was impressed with the smell that our little guy is capable of producing!

Other than that little incident Nolan continues to impress us, not only is he rolling around on the floor with the greatest of ease, he now also has started to pull his knees up under himself. Our little guy is going to be mobile before we know it! So, thanks to our friends Tammy and Andy we inherited a couple of sections of Plexiglas that we’ll be putting up to cover the areas between the railing spindles next to the stairway heading downstairs. Next we’ll be covering the edges/corners of coffee tables and moving all the breakable items and plants out of little arms reach. If any of you have advice for things you’d recommend or things you don’t think were very necessary you’ll have to let us know!

Our little guy continues to grow and eat like a champ. So far every type of food we’ve put in front of him has disappeared, even the asparagus after a few days of trying!. So, he either can’t taste anything or he might actually like the variety of pureed fruits, vegetables, and meat…mmmm! We are in the process of transitioning the morning feeding to Julie (our daycare provider), so we started that this morning. Nolan gets up at 6 o’clock and is ready to eat, so holding him off for an hour wasn’t the easiest. We’ll have to see how things go, but so far it’s nice to have a little extra time in the morning.

The below pictures are from this weekend. Nolan, just hanging out by himself; Nolan "beating" Lola up by rolling on her; and the kids all dressed up for the Halloween trick or treating at Tricia's parent's house. Yup, they trick or treated in 6 different rooms of the house!


No comments:

Post a Comment