Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter!



So when I wrote last Thursday I was feeling great. Then I woke up Friday morning feeling terrible. I tried really, really hard to get to work. I made it about half way and then had to pull over. Yup, my boys passed along to me what they had, and it was awful! Luckily it was only a 24 hour bug, and I recovered to feel well enough to head up north to my parent's house Saturday morning.

On the way to Browerville Adam and I stopped in St. Cloud to get Nolan and Adam's hair cut. Nolan didn't do so well this time - he cried through the whole thing, and I mean big alligator tears, red face, screaming - the whole thing. Nolan and I had dropped off Adam to get his haircut at the same time, so it was just me trying to calm him down. I wasn't very successful. I even made an effort to give him his first sucker in hopes it would calm him down . . . but it just made him more mad! The stylist did a pretty good job with his haircut, especially since Nolan moved his head and tried to take her comb and scissors the whole time! He looks like such a little boy now. No more baby!

We had a lot of fun with my family for Easter. There was an Easter egg hunt, Emma's 5th birthday celebration, some baking for the older kids, movie watching, bridal shower and bachelorette party planning, and visiting and relaxation. As usual it was a little crowded and really loud, but that's what makes hanging out with my family so fun! The weather was nice, so we took the kids to the park Saturday afternoon. The new park at the school is awesome, and the older kids LOVED it! Nolan liked what he could play with, too. While I was feeling better Emma was not. She woke up Saturday night very sick. She is such a tropper - I know I could take a few tips from her on how to act when you're sick! The rest of us made it to church (which was an hour and 40 minutes long!), but Eric and Emma stayed home. The poor girl walked around with an empty ice cream bucket all day Sunday. She was so excited to wear her Easter dress, and Gina just couldn't say no, so Emma got to wear it (with the risk it may have gotten dirty!). Hopefully she's recovered by now.

I had a few interesting moments this weekend. I think this baby on the way is messing with my mind! Saturday night I realized I had been wearing 2 different size hoop earings all day, and nobody told me. Then, on Sunday morning, I washed my hair in the bathtub. I was wearing a hooded sweatshirt, and for some reason grabbed it and thought it was my hair - so I rinsed out the hood on my sweatshirt. Hopefully I won't keep having incidents like this! It's hard to believe that our ultrasound is only a week away. This pregnancy is flying by!

Nolan's favorite game to play is still peek a boo, which you can tell by looking at the below picture! It's really quite funny, because he doesn't care if you play it with him or not - he'll just bust it out when he feels like playing and play it by himself! He is learning a few new things, though. Last week he started to say "thank you" when prompted. It's not often he does it, but every once in a while gives me hope he'll learn the meaning and be a polite little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment