Monday, April 19, 2010

Spring time (or is it summer time?) fun!



Every day Nolan is taking a few more steps on his own. Nothing that really qualifies as "walking on his own" yet, but he's close! Just in the last week he's let us hold his hands and he'll walk in front of us, or we'll just hold one of his hands and he'll walk beside us, and at least once a day he takes a few step on his own. He needs to perfect his balance, and then he'll be off! He's also working on some words. He doesn't say it often, but he has said "thank you", "I did it" and "all done". It sure will be a bit easier when he can string together a few more words to tell us a thing or two!

Last week and this past weekend was super busy. Adam was in Moose Lake this weekend helping his cousin Chris lay wood floors in the kitchen and dining room at their house. Sasha and Jackson drove to our place and we spent the weekend hanging out. Both boys are a lot busier than they used to be, especially Jackson, since he's walking all over the place! The nice thing about spending time with them is that both Nolan and Jackson keep a similiar schedule, so it makes it a lot easier when we're planning stuff to do with them. On Saturday afternoon we did a little shopping and ran some errands. The unforunate part is that neither boy got an afternoon nap. The fortunate part is that they adapted to it fairly well and didn't cause us too much trouble! Their early bed time of 6:30 helped both of us - we needed (and deserved) to relax! It is so fun to watch everything that Jackson is doing. He and Nolan are a little more than 7 weeks apart in age, and Nolan is about that far behind him with the new skills he develops. One thing I'm glad I bought this weekend was 2 gates to corral the kiddies from the stairs. Nolan hasn't shown a big interest in going down the stairs yet, but Jackson sure does so I'm sure it's just around the corner!

Adam didn't get home until after 7 last night,so Nolan and I got to spend the afternoon together. He took a 2 hour nap, and I took full advantage of that time to clean out my clothes and organize them in bins to be stored until I need them again. I have officially outgrown all my pants, and none of my fun summer shirts fit, either, so off to storage they go! After his nap we took a nice long walk to the grocery store. On the way home we got to visit with a few of our neighbors. The little kids on our street sure loved to see Nolan! They are all sweet kids, and so good with him. We ended up going to play with them a little more after a quick snack and putting away the groceries. By the time I got him back home a little after 5 he let me know he was tired and hungry! I managed to keep him busy with dinner and his bath until about 6:20, but that was it. I wasn't going to give him a bath, but he decided this weekend that crawling in the grass wasn't as bad as he thought it was, and playing in sand and on the cement and tar is great fun! Honestly, dirty kids is going to be a very hard thing for me to get used to. I was never described as a kid who liked to get dirty. I used to cry when I got grass stains on my pants! I guess it comes with the territory, so I'm just going to have to lighten up and accept it. Nolan was sleeping by 6:30 again last night. As my dad told us today, if our next baby is half a good at sleeping as Nolan is, we'll be very lucky!

Speaking of my dad, he was kind enough to take a personal day today to watch Nolan for us, since we didn't have daycare. I'm impressed by both my dad and Nolan and their ability to adapt to each other on such short notice. My dad said Nolan is a very easy kid to be around! They spent a lot of time outside - wagon rides, stroller rides, and rides up and down the street in his cozy coupe truck. He is happiest when he's being pulled or pushed in all of his cool toys!

I had my 20 week appointment today. Yep, I am officially half way through! The appointment was quick and good. The great thing about this pregnancy is that my blood pressure has stayed normal, unlike with Nolan, when it was high every time I had an appointment! The baby's heartbeat was good, and while she was listening for it the Dr. felt and saw the baby move. This baby is super busy and active. I'm not sure if it's because I know what it feels like, or if it's just really active. I guess we'll see when he/she shows up in a few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment