Saturday, July 10, 2010

Gimpy

Nolan is adjusting to life in the slow again. On Friday around noon Jane called to let me know he had taken 4 steps on his own - the most he had walked since Wednesday morning! She was so excited - and I was relieved. If he hadn't started taking some steps we would have had to take him in again for another check-up. The swelling has gone down quite a bit (lots of icing of his foot), but there is some bruising on the inside of his right foot, as well as his big toe. Today he's crawled almost everywhere, including when we're outside. I feel so bad for him, because he's such an active little boy. The only time he really walked today was when he saw Adam - he hobbled his way over there. He limps when he walks right now, too. Hopefully tomorrow he'll be a little more mobile. Adam is gone next week on a work trip, so we have family watching Nolan all week. They are going to be exhausted if they have to carry him around most of the time! Nolan's new thing to say this week is "what's this?". I know he picked that up from us, because we're always asking him that question! He's also started to verbalize the word "no", in addition to shaking his head no. I was so proud of myself tonight. I didn't know what to make us for dinner, so I baked some chicken nuggets and tator tots. He doesn't always eat them, so I put a little ketchup on them. He liked the ketchup, but then I introduced him to ranch dressing. He LOVED the ranch dressing! I taught him how to dip each piece in to the ranch and then eat it. It's certainly not the healthiest thing in the world for him to eat, but at least he was eating! Last night Adam painted Nolan's new bedroom - and got the 2nd coat of paint on it today. It is so crazy to think that he's moving in to his big boy room in 3 weeks! The only thing we need to buy at this point is the mattress to put on the floor. Oh, and a few wall decorations, too. We've decided to decorate with a baseball theme of some kind. I don't know exactly what we'll be doing yet, but I'm sure it will be just fine, and Nolan won't even notice! While Adam was painting last night I picked up and cleaned the house. I'm not sure how we manage to mess up the house on a daily basis, but if I'm lazy and don't stay on top of it, it turns in to a marathon session of putting things in its place. I don't suppose this is going to get any better with our 2nd child only 8 weeks away! Today I made the menu for next week - breakfast, lunch and dinner, since Nolan won't be daycare. I also typed up the "instructions" for watching him, in case anyone watching him isn't sure what to do. Nolan and I made it to the grocery store this afternoon, and I finished quite a few loads of laundry. Oh, and I forgot to mention that Nolan and I began our day with a nice, long walk. I'm exhausted! Here's a pic of me and the belly - 32 weeks. Thought I should share at least one since we shared quite a few of Nolan! More good news - the insurance adjuster "ruled" in my favor and determined I was not at fault for the car accident. The guy who hit my tried to tell her that he was sure we were both negligent, which is totally not true. What a relief to not have to pay our deductible or have the accident hit our insurance. I just had one of my two accidents drop off my insurance in December, and I only have one more to go to have a clean record again! The video post is of Nolan rockin it out on his rocking horse outside. I'm not sure where he learned to rock, but he loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment