Thursday, September 9, 2010

Another week, another trip to Urgent Care

Yep, poor Nolan. Over the weekend he got bit by quite a few mosquitos, especially on Sunday. Nothing was out of the ordinary until we got him up on Tuesday for daycare. His left hand was twice the size of his right hand - just like his foot was a few weeks ago! We probably could have just given him benedryl, but to be on the safe side we thought we should take him in, especially since he had a lot of other bites that didn't swell up. The good news it's not an infection, which is what he had in his foot. The bad news is apparantly this is common and will keep happening. In the future we can just give him benedryl to help with the swelling. We probably over-reacted by taking him back to Urgent Care, but both of us feel better knowing what to do next time this happens - which hopefully won't be until next year!

Nolan has really come around with the baby doll Adam and I have been carrying around the house. He doesn't pay a lot of attention to it, but does give it kisses and hugs when we tell him to. Tonight, after Nolan threw away his diaper, I told him to say goodnight to the baby - it was sitting in the baby swing. He walked over to say goodnight, and wanted to give the baby a kiss. He couldn't reach it, so he gently took the baby out of the swing, gave it a kiss, and put the baby back in the swing. It was adorable! The other good news is that Nolan is totally fine with the new baby at daycare. Jane told us he doesn't pay a lot of attention to her, but he's very affectionate when he does, for a short period of time. It's giving me a little hope that the transition at home will be easier.

We had our 40 1/2 week appointment on Wednesday. There's not a whole lot happening, so tomorrow morning we have an ultrasound scheduled at 8 am to make sure things are okay with the baby. At 9 am we have a non-stress test to time the baby's movements, and then I have another exam to see if there's been any change. If I don't go in to labor on my own over the weekend, we have an induction scheduled Monday morning. I would much rather go on my own, but I don't know if I'll have a choice. It really feels like we're close now, as today was my last day at work until the new year. It's a really weird feeling, knowing I'll be gone for 4 months. Luckily I have a fantastic team to help me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment