Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Bedtime

Bedtime is getting easier with Kale, finally! Toward the end of last week he was only crying for about 5 minutes, and then putting himself to bed. Adam gave it a shot on Sunday night, and Kale of course went right to bed without a fuss! I think he has my number:) Adam left for another out of town trip on Monday, so it was just me to put Kale to bed again on Monday. I was so excited that he went right down, no fuss, at his usual bedtime of 6:50! He fussed a little last night, but not bad. I think we have finally figured this thing out. Unfortunately he’s been waking up super early, first on Tuesday morning because of the storms (4:20 am), and then today again at 4:15. I laid on the floor in his room until 4:45 to see if he would go back to sleep. He didn’t, so I decided to shut the door again and let him figure it out. After about 10 minutes of crying he did, and didn’t wake up until 6:30. Nolan was in the living room when I came upstairs after getting ready this morning. His pj pants were inside out, backwards and a bit sideways, so I asked him if he went to the bathroom. He replied “Yes, I went potty all by myself!” This is the kind of independence I could get used to! On Monday morning he surprised me by putting toothpaste on his and Kale’s toothbrushes for me. Nolan went through a bit of tough spell right after he turned 3, but he has sure turned a corner in the last few weeks and is back to his old self! I’m thankful for that every day as we deal with Kale’s tantrums and stubbornness!


Adam was able to get on an earlier flight last Friday, so I took the kids to dinner at Perkins and then surprised them by taking them to the softball fields for Adam’s game. We drove in the parking lot and Nolan saw the truck right away and asked if it was daddy’s truck. I told him I wasn’t sure, so when he and Kale saw Adam they were super excited! Adam hung out with his friends Friday night, so I was thankful the rain cleared up so I could take the kids to see him play softball again on Saturday morning. We spent Father’s day doing some yard work, hitting the beach before the storms, napping (I napped both days!) and then enjoyed a wonderful steak dinner. The icing on the cake was Kale going to bed without a fuss!

Yesterday when I picked the boys up at daycare Kale said “Hi mom, how are you?” It’s amazing how he’s talking in sentences. He and Nolan have conversations now that are very funny. They don’t always make sense, but they sure try!



No comments:

Post a Comment