Wednesday, June 20, 2012

It's potty time, round two!

Kale has started to show some interest in potty training over the last few weeks.  He'll walk in to the living room or kitchen and start to pull his pants down.  He doesn't quite have the patience to sit for long periods of time on the potty, but he likes to give it a good try.  Kale woke up from his nap at daycare today with a dry diaper.  Jane asked him if he wanted to sit on the potty.  He said "uh huh", ran in to the bathroom, sat on the potty and went.  Jane said his eyes got really big because he was so surprised! He got a special treat as a reward and was super excited.  Before bath tonight I took his diaper off and it was dry.  I asked him if he wanted to go potty and he again said "uh huh", sat down, and a few minutes later he went.  I was so surprised because I didn't think he would actually do it!  Nolan and I were so excited for him, and Kale was excited because he got an M&M.  I'm sure this isn't something that will be real consistent yet, but it's a step in the right direction.  What a great ending to the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment