Thursday, June 28, 2012

The big boy bed, round 2

It’s official – Kale is in his very own big boy twin sized bed. I tell you what, had I known that he would go to bed without any issues we would have done this last month when we took down his crib! I had noticed that at bed time he kept wanting to crawl in bed with Nolan, so maybe we should have picked up on that. Adam asked him this morning if he liked sleeping in his new bed and he shook his head yes and said “uh huh”! The boys thought it was so much fun to jump off the mattress on to the floor, as the mattress isn’t in a bed frame yet. I put up the bed rail in hopes they would stop, but it actually made it more fun for them, as Kale backed up, ran toward the railing and jumped over it on to the bed. I think gymnastics might the best thing for him!

Nolan has been especially funny lately. He asked me the other morning if he could smell my coffee. I told him yes, he smelled it and said “Mmmm, it’s perfect”. The day before that he was pushing a toy train around the house saying “Chug chug chug on the board!”. He is also really in to having conversations with Kale. When leaving daycare earlier this week he said “Mom, I’m going to tell Kale we’re going this way.” I said okay, and he told Kale “Kale (except he pronounces it Kal), we’re going this way.” And then Kale nods his head and says “ok”. Last night Nolan pulled out every toy from all 3 toy bins looking for his motorcycle. He didn’t find it, so I asked him to put away all the toys. He started whining and complaining, so I told him he could ask Kale to help him. “Kal, can you help me put away the toys?” Kale responded yes and all the toys were picked up with just a little help from me. Kale won’t always be so agreeable to requests like this, so I hope Nolan is enjoying it!

We celebrated our godson’s baptism last Sunday. It was a great day. The only thing that didn’t go well is when Adam and I walked up for the ceremony, as the boys wouldn’t just sit in the pew. They decided to come with us. Nolan started crying so Adam had to hold him the whole time, while Kale stood in front of me holding a bible. That didn’t last long, and pretty soon he was trying to sneak up the stairs on to the alter. I grabbed him to hold him but he wasn’t having it and proceeded to drop the bible with a loud noise, so I passed him off to Grandma Ellen. Luckily Aunt Anna had some fruit snacks so he didn’t keep freaking out! Looking back we should have planned that better! The boys napped liked rock stars at Erica and Dave’s, so we got to fit in extra visiting time. When we finally got home we pulled the sprinkler out for them to run through. Nolan thought it was so much fun, and he kept telling us “Mom/Dad, watch me run away from the water!” Kale wasn’t quite as excited, so he pulled out other toys to play with. 

The boys had fun celebrating Adam's birthday when we got home, especially when we sang happy birthday and finally got to the cake!


This weekend we are going on our first official camping trip. It is going to be hot, but that’s just how it is with camping! We have 3 fans to plug in, so hopefully there will be a little breeze to help keep it cooler. Our plan is to spend lots of time at the beach and playground to tire out the kids. Last night before bed I asked Nolan what his favorite part of the day was. He said his usual, “playing at Jane’s house, playing outside in the sandbox”, and then added “camping in our camper”. I asked him if he was excited and he said yes. I hope it stays that way when he realizes how hot it’s going to be! It’s funny, whenever we talk about how hot is it is he corrects us and says “It’s not hot, it’s warm.”



No comments:

Post a Comment