Sunday, September 16, 2012

Church with no kids = relaxing!

Adam and I had the best experience at church this morning.  Kale participated in the children's message again.  Nolan didn't, but as soon as it was over I took him to his very first day of Sunday school.  I was a little nervous about how he would do, but he settled right in to the classroom and didn't even notice when I left.  I went back to sit next to Adam and decided that we should try to put Kale in the nursery.  I took him down there, picked up my parent pager and left.  Adam was surprised I was back so soon.  We figured we haven't really listened to a sermon or most of the service in about 3 1/2 years.  It was fabulous.  We felt super relaxed and rejuvinated.  Why hadn't we done this years ago?  The two girls who were working reported that Kale cried a little after I left, but quickly realized there were tons of cool new toys to play with and settled right in.  We figure that at some point we'll need to volunteer in the nursery to make up for his tears!

No comments:

Post a Comment