Monday, September 10, 2012

Tumbling

The boys had their first gymnastics session on Saturday. They both loved it. It was so nice to see Nolan adapt to it quickly, which was exactly the opposite of what happened in soccer! Kale did the best he could, but he kept getting away from me so he could run and jump off all the mats. Both of them loved the rings. Adam wasn’t able to come with, so it was just me – a little more challenging since it’s a parent participation required class! The instructor was really nice and helped Nolan most of the time, so I could chase after Kale. When we got home from gymnastics we met my sister and her kids at our house. My other sister and her daughter showed up a little later, and we spent the day celebrating an early birthday for Kale. Kale especially celebrated by not taking a nap! He had a great time playing with his cousins, riding the trike, and being his usual crazy self. At one point he was riding in his Little Tykes pick up truck. He slipped off the seat, fell on the ground and the truck kept moving and ran him over. He didn’t get hurt, which is why it was pretty funny! I made him a baseball cake for the party, and he did so much better than last year with the candle – he actually blew it out! The kids had fun picking and washing rocks, and washing the truck. The two babies were great and so quiet.

I made it to church with the kids on Sunday. I mistakenly arrived a ½ hour before the start of church – oops! The kids actually did pretty good, especially given we were there for over 2 hours. Nolan wasn’t interested in going up front for the children’s message, but Kale was, so I took him up there. Nolan sat in our pew at the back of the church with one of the usher’s who likes to sit by us. Kale thought it was great being up there with the other kids. He didn’t sit still for the whole message, but he didn’t run away from me, so it was a win for everyone. When we got back to the pew the usher told me that Nolan told him that he’s going to go to Sunday school in a little bit. We are going to give it a try and see how he does next week. After church we had brunch at Scotty B’s, and then it was nap time – and boy did they nap! As soon as they woke up around 3 we got ready and went to the carnival in town. The boys went on three rides – the motorcycles, the boats and the trucks. I thought they would have been more impressed, but they both sat there with an expression that said “this is it?”. They also played a few children’s games and won prizes – hurray for more stuff in our house! Nolan came home with a sparkly blue whale, a patriotic teddy bear and a blue balloon sword. Kale came home with a Dora the Explorer doll, a starfish and a red balloon sword. Every time we drive by the place where the carnival was held Nolan tells me he wants to go to the carnival again!


As we pulled out of the driveway this morning Nolan said “mom, I need to tell dad one more thing.” I stopped the car, backed up and waved Adam over. Nolan told him “when I’m bigger I’m going to ride a motorcycle and match you.” Seriously, that couldn’t have waited? Nolan seems to be on the fast track to grow up and be just like dad!



No comments:

Post a Comment