Tuesday, March 3, 2009

We're ready . . . well, at least Adam is!


This is Adam, my husband and our baby's daddy. As a shower gift he received this handy dandy tool belt from his mom to help him prepare for diaper changing. I think he's ready, don't you?

Although our due date is fast approaching (only 10 days left), I have decided the baby is not going to arrive before or on the due date, but rather at least a week late. I'm not sure why I've decided this, but I have. So for those of you counting down until the 14th, be advised you may have to be a little more patient!

Last week I caught another round of the cold/flu, so I've been laying pretty low. Today I felt the best I have since last Thursday - yeah! I did manage an outing on Saturday afternoon - to Babies R' Us and Target to finish up our last minute baby shopping. I know I've said this before, but how much stuff does a baby really need? Well, a lot, since I'm a sucker. I'm pretty sure Adam would tell you that at least half the stuff I picked up could be returned:) The nursery is completely ready to go, my bag is packed, and Adam packed his last night. Even though I'm sure we're going to go past our due date Adam insisted we get the bags packed. I'm so thankful he's on top of all the last minute details!

Last night we had dinner with our friends Nicky and Scott. After dinner we settled in to play the Wii. We started with Wii Fit. I know I've realized that my center of gravity is a little off, but I didn't realize by how much until we started playing some of the games. Needless to say we all got some good laughs out of me trying to hula hoop and ski jump!







No comments:

Post a Comment