Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fall Fun


Nolan is a singing machine these days. His faves are Twinkle, Twinkle, Wheels on the Bus, Ring a round the Rosie, ABC's, and Happy Birthday. He doesn't always get the words right, but that makes it even funnier. His new catch phrase is "of course you can". I have no idea where he picked that up, but it's super funny, because he uses it in the right context. Twice last week he woke up with a dry diaper - which means he held it for 12 hours. We think it's spectacular! He's not ready to go diaper free at night yet, but it's getting better. We only had one accident last weekend, too, so we seem to be heading down the right path.

Kale is still not feeling well. He is getting every tooth imaginable! He's getting a cold and has been running a slight temp of about 100. You can just see in his eyes that he's exhausted. The good thing he still perks up to play with Nolan and read books before bed. He recently started pointing to things when we ask him to while we're reading. I forgot how much fun it is to watch them start to make the connections - where's the kitty? Where's the cow?

Last weekend Nolan had a blast playing in the leaves. Kale did not like it, but it was because of those darn teeth. During nap Ellen came over to watch the kids so Adam and I could go on a pedal pub and out to dinner with friends. It was super fun, but slightly more than work than I was anticipating. There were 16 of us on the pub - which weighs 2000 lbs without people on it!

Sunday was my relaxation day, because it was my birthday. I slept in until almost 9:30, we took the kids for a walk, and after nap went to a pumpkin patch, Target and then picked up pizza for dinner. Nolan decided he wasn't interested in taking pictures at the pumpkin patch, so I started having flashbacks to my poor mother dealing with me as a kid, not wanting to take pictures. The funniest part of the whole day was that every time I told Nolan it was my birthday he would tell me "my buthday is next year." He is a typical 2 1/2 year old - all about me!


Big news on the baby front, and it's not us. My sister Christianne is expecting her 3rd in March, and Adam's sister Erica is expecting her first in April. It will be a busy baby-filled spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment