Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Just a little patience


Last weekend was definitely a test of patience for me with the kids. Thankfully the fevers broke mid day on Saturday for both the boys, but that didn't mean that they weren't crabby. Kale had a small break through before lunch (see picture), but he quickly tanked after that. I did get them out on a walk to Gale Woods Farm on Saturday afternoon. I was thankful it was a nice day so we could get out of the house! Sunday wasn't a lot better, and by the time Kale woke up after 45 minutes in to his nap crying to the point that he couldn't catch his breath, I was ready for a break! I rocked him in his room for an hour while he slept, all the while listening to Nolan sing songs and not nap. Kale woke up a little before 2 and Nolan around 2:15 (after a short 1/2 hour nap). I packed up the boys and headed over to Paulette and Ryan's for a much needed break. It was nice to be able to get a little help and have some adult interaction. While I was there I noticed Kale had a rash on his back and neck. By the time I got home it was all over his back, front, butt, neck and forehead. It didn't seem to bother him, but it looked awful. I let it be, hoping it would disappear by morning. Thankfully the kids went to bed great and slept all night. Kale's rash was still there on Monday, so I brought him in to get checked. He had roseola, which is caused by a fever for more than 3 days. It's viral so there's nothing you can do for it, except let it pass. I felt kind of silly for bringing him in, but I told our dr. that I've seen a lot of things with my kids, but not that! Adam arrived home Monday for dinner, which was fantastic. We were all very happy to see him! It was fun to be able to tell Adam that Nolan had dry underpants all weekend long!

No comments:

Post a Comment