Monday, February 6, 2012

Laundry baskets aren't just for laundry

I was putting a few things away in the basement and when I came out of the laundry room this is what I saw:

Kale also took a turn trying to pull Nolan around. He was able to move him a little, but Nolan got a little antsy waiting for his ride. Someday when they're arguing I'll show them how well they got along when they were little!

On the way home from daycare today I asked how their day was. Nolan responded with his usual "good". I asked what he did today and he responded with his usual, "play". Jane had told me they played London Bridge, so I asked Nolan about it. He asked me to sing the song, so I did. He then requested the lamb song (Mary Had a Little Lamb), Twinkle Twinkle, Chuggington and Thomas. He was really disappointed when I had to tell him I didn't know the Thomas song!

Tonight at dinner Nolan pointed his elbow at us and announced "Look at my knuckles!" Adam did a quick anatomy lesson to remind him that his knuckles are on his hand. After dinner Kale was reading a Ladybug counting book in the living room. He loves pointing to the lady bugs and pretending to count them. The last page of the book says "home" - and he eagerly shouts it out when he gets to that page! It's amazing how much they pick up by just listening to us talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment