Thursday, February 16, 2012

Yoga

Nolan and I attended our first Yoga story time tonight. It was a riot! Nolan didn't want to participate right away, but he came around on the second pose. The instructor read a story and for each page we did a different fun pose based on that part of the story. It was only a half hour class, which was about the time span of most of the kids. The class ended a little after 7, and Nolan told me he was tired on the way home. He also told me not to crash, and that we need to be safe!

Tuesday was Valentine's Day. I spent the day with the kids on Tuesday because we didn't have daycare. We let them open a few small gifts before Adam went to work. Nolan opened a new shirt Adam had picked out for him and said "it's my special shirt". It's good to know that he listens when we talk about the special things he gets! We went grocery shopping in the morning and then I took them to get a new brother picture taken. Nolan did really well, and Kale did good through the first pose. He just didn't have the patience for the rest of the poses. At one point he was throwing himself against the backdrop and sliding down, just for fun. I had to call it at that point! Luckily one of the first pictures turned out. After nap Erica came over with cupcakes for the kids. It was the first time Nolan really noticed that she's pregnant. After he finished his cupcake he went to play. Shortly after he walked over to us and said "look at me!". He had put a basketball in his belly so he could look like Erica. It was pretty funny. Adam was gone that evening for archery. I was getting dinner served up in the kitchen for the kids, and they were sitting at the table.

N: Mom, look at my nuts.
M: What?
N: Look at my nuts.
M: What are you saying, Nolan?
N: Look at my nuts!

I looked over and he was showing me the "knots" in the string on his pants! I feel like I dodged a bullet with that one!

I'm looking forward to spending time with the kids at the zoo on Saturday morning. Nolan has been talking about it almost every night, so I know he's going to have fun. The last time I was at the zoo I was 9 months pregnant with Kale. It will be fun to see Kale's reaction to all the animals at his first trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment