Friday, June 19, 2009

Packrat


It's crunch time at our house, as we're 1 day away from leaving on vacation. There is so much stuff to get done! So far I've mowed the lawn, cleaned the house and finished laundry, and yesterday I was able to pack up all the dry food and most of Nolan's stuff. It really is truly amazing to me how much stuff you need to care for a 13 week old! Today I'm going to tackle my packing, and then start getting together all the odds and ends. Jenny and JJ are borrowing us their luggage thing to put on our trailer hitch so we have enough room for everything.

Yesterday I had to take Nolan to the dr. again. I called the nurse line to get his Zantac prescription refilled, and when she asked me how he was doing I mentioned he was spitting up more but didn't think it was a big deal. She seemed to think otherwise and recommended we go in to see our dr. So we did, and as I suspected it wasn't a big deal - Nolan is just a spitter and it probably won't get a whole lot better until we are able to feed him some solid foods. Thank goodness for stain remover! I also asked her about tummy time, and that fact that Nolan just rolls on to his back every time I put him on his tummy. She said that's fine and he's getting good exercise. I just need to keep putting him on his tummy. I was really interested to see how much he weighed - and the scale came in at 12 lbs 12 oz.! He gained 2 lbs since his 2 month check-up. I don't mind that he's beefing up a little bit. His clothes fit him better than they used to! Oh, and I'm pretty sure I heard him giggle on Tuesday afternoon. I haven't heard it since, so I'm hoping he will bust it out again soon!

Adam had to go to the employee health clinic at work today. He got really sick on Wednesday and suspected it was a sinus infection. Well, he was right and is on the 10 day antibiotics again. I'm sure glad he went in before we left for the week. Hopefully he'll start feeling better again soon. His softball team plays at 8:30 tonight in the woodbat softball tournament. I'm not sure if Nolan and I will make it to the game. We'll try to get to one tomorrow, though. We need to take advantage of the weather before we get in the car and drive for 4 1/2 hours!

I'm looking forward to getting some sun and reading a few good books next week. I need to enjoy it before I head back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment