Monday, June 1, 2009

9 hours of uninterrupted sleep!




That's right, folks. While Adam may have suffered a little during his one night up with Nolan, I slept for 9 hours straight and woke up Sunday morning feeling like a champ! It was weird waking up and not having Nolan and Adam home, but I'm not going to lie - sleeping was fantastic! I was also able to sit out on the deck for a little while and read and catch some rays. It wasn't all relaxing, though. I made sure I mowed the lawn before Adam and Nolan arrived home from the farm!

Saturday I spent the day celebrating my good friend Melissa's bridal shower and bachelorette party. It was a great day! It's so fun to see the excitement in the face of a bride-to-be. I'm really looking forward to being a part of her special day on August 8th!

Nolan has been working really hard at turning his head more to the left, and I think it's working. I need to call our dr. on Thursday this week to report his progress. Hopefully it's enough that he won't need therapy to strengthen his neck muscles! I'm also happy to report that while he still doesn't love tummy time, he's tolerating it enough to at least keep his head up for more than a few seconds. In fact, he rolled over from his tummy to his back for the first time today! I was so proud of him. The first thing I did is called Adam to let him know the big news! Oh, the other big news is that Nolan is finally able to keep his thumb in his mouth for a more extended period of time - 15 seconds or more! He is a much happier baby when his thumb finds its way to his mouth.

Nolan and I have already been out on our walk today. It is beautiful outside! Nolan made it half way through the walk in the Baby Bjorn, and the other half sleeping in his stroller. Walking isn't quite cutting it for me to lose my last stubborn 6 pounds of baby weight, thought, so I'm still attending my aerobics classes 3 or 4 days a week. I keep telling myself I'm not losing the weight because I'm getting more muscular! Tonight I have the tri-fit class, tomorrow is yoga, and Thursday and Saturday morning is total body conditioning. I'm always a little tired and sore after class, but overall it feels really good to be active!

It's hard to believe but in 3 weeks we'll be on vacation with my family at a resort on Leech Lake in Walker. We're renting a 5 bedroom cabin on the lake, which will be interesting as we now have 10 adults and 5 kids in the family.. I better get caught up on my sleep at home, because I don't know how much any of us are going to sleep with Nolan and Lola around!

1 comment:

  1. You don't know me, Tricia, but I went to high school with Adam, and found your blog via his Facebook page. (Hey, Adam!) I'm enjoying reading about your adventures as parents! Nolan is such a sweetie! --Esther

    ReplyDelete