Sunday, May 31, 2009

3 a.m., two diapers, and a smile


Let's put it this way, Friday night I get to take care of Nolan while Tricia tries to get caught up on a little sleep. Which is fine, until it's 3 in the morning, you've got a upset 10-week old baby, and after removing his diaper he decides to relieve himself not only once, but twice-on me! I should also add that after trying to block the first spray, I waited (thinking I was safe) for 5 or so seconds, he also sprayed the wall and me--I don't think we need to worry about him being dehydrated! But, after it was all said and done, he's got a dry diaper, a full tummy, and a smile that makes up for just about all of it... Ah, the life of a Dad!

Saturday Nolan and I carpooled up to the farm with my folks to give Nolan a little vacation. Actually, I figured that since Tricia had a bachlorette party to go to I'd take him. So, Tricia got to sleep for 9 hours straight-which is probably the first time since Nolan came around! Nolan had a great weekend of sleeping, napping, and getting to experience the sights and sounds of farm-he seemed to enjoy walked around and looking at all the leaves on the trees. Now me on the otherhand, I got to go fishing my Dad while my mom took care of the Nolan-man. Again, Dad made a $.25 contribution to the Nolan college fund since I caught the first fish--he's a great guide! We were able to enjoy a weekend with some great (windy) weather. Now all we can hope for is that we get a little rain to keep the lawns and crops around here green! As another week begins we're looking forward to seeing what Nolan will come up with next--he's getting close to rolling over, so we'll have to see if he figures it out this week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment