Thursday, May 21, 2009

I'm 2 months old!




Today marks 2 months since Nolan arrived in our world. I'd like to say he's had a fabulous day, but he had his 2 month check-up this morning and had to get 3 shots, plus a liquid shot. He screamed/cried - it broke my heart! He will only sleep on me this afternoon, so he's currently snoozing on my leg! Before he got his shots, though, he was having a great time with the dr. He was smiling and talking up a storm!

Nolan weighed in at 10 lbs, 10 oz (25th%), almost 23 inches (50th%), and a head circumference of 15 inches (50th%). He is going to continue on the baby zantac for another 4 months or so, and then we'll re-evaluate. The dr. is a little concerned that he seems to favor looking to his right, so we need to start working on him to move his head to the left. We're going to check back in with the dr. in a few weeks to see if it's getting better. If not, it might be torticollis and he'll need to go to rehab.

I have good news to report on the sleeping front - he slept yesterday! He had one really good nap, and he went back to sleep after his 6 a.m. feeding until 9:40! That made both of us well rested, and in good moods!

Last night Nolan attended his first softball game of the season. Adam's team played at 9 p.m., so I was able to go work out, get home and shower, get Nolan ready and get to the game! He was really good, as he slept most of the game. It was a great game, but sadly the team lost by one run. On the way home a little after 10 he freaked out a little cuz he was hungry so I had to feed him in his carseat. Not the most ideal situation, but you do what you have to do! He fell asleep when we got home and slept from 10:30 until 5 a.m. That's right, folks, 10:30 PM to 5 AM! Unbelievable. I guess I can't complain about his usual cat naps when he sleeps through the night!

In a few minutes we're going to be packing up to head to a going away party for a co-worker of mine at Granite City, and then Adam will come over from work to pick up Nolan so I can go to Champps with the Lindsey, Melissa and Jackie for a girls evening! I have such a great husband!

Tomorrow morning Nolan and I are heading up to St. Cloud to Eich Motors to get the trunk on the Jetta fixed. While we're there I'm going to have them drive the car around a little, as Adam and I have noticed it's running rough, again. Hopefully it's nothing serious!

No comments:

Post a Comment