Saturday, June 5, 2010

The art of imitation

Nolan is saying more and more words, and every time he does it catches me off guard! On Thursday I asked him a question when we got home, and he answered "yes", which was the right answer. Then later on, after dinner, I told him "I love you", and he said it back to me! It hasn't happened again since then, but it was sure nice to hear! Today he was doing his laps from the kitchen to the living room, and then around bathroom in to the bedroom. When he went in to the living room I told him to come here - I was in the bathroom. What did I hear next? Nolan saying come here, and walking over to me. It is so funny to see him toddling around, randomly saying things!

Jane (daycare) called me at work yesterday to tell me a funny Nolan story. The older kids got teddy bear tatoos, so they put them on their arms. They were running around saying "grrrrrrr". Nolan was having a snack in the kitchen, and Jane said it was pretty funny - he was eating, and then started saying "grrrrrrr", and then he would smile. Jane again told me this week how much fun he is to have around.

Today Nolan slept until about 7, and then we got up and made strawberry pancakes. After we got ready we headed out for the morning. First we went to look at a sandbox for Nolan - and bought it! I'm really excited to go pick it up tomorrow. Nolan loves playing in the sand. I don't always love it, because he gets so dirty. But I need to adapt:) After that we met up with Jackie at Ridgedale. Nolan and I got there a little early, so we got to spend some time at the play area. This was the first time Nolan actually branched out and played on his own! He was fasinated with the other kids that were playing. He did pretty good as we shopped around, but by the time we got home at noon it was lunch time and then nap time. He's been sleeping since 12:30! Hopefully the rain will let up so we can go play outside after his nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment