Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Party time



We had a great Memorial weekend with both of our families. We celebrated my dad's retirement from 37 years of teaching on Saturday with my family, including my aunt Louise. We kept it small, and dad loved it. All the grandkids wore awesome shirts-the girls with "I have a rockin Grandpa", and Nolan with "My grandpa rocks". On Sunday after lunch we headed to the farm, and left there on Monday during Nolan's nap time. He fell asleep about a mile down the road - he was exhausted!

Nolan is as busy as ever, and the things he comes up with these days is amazing. For example, we gave him applesauce for dinner on Monday, and he looked at it and said "applesauce". We had no idea he could say that! He's imitating more and more, too - like when I say "hey you" to him, he says it back to me. I guess it's time to start watching what we do and say, to avoid issues later on!

Adam is in the Boundary Waters until Saturday, so it's just me and the little man. The last 2 nights he's gone to bed at 6:20, so I have lots of time to get things done around the house. Now if only I had the motivation! Ever since we got DVR about a year and a half ago, I find myself having to catch up on my favorite shows in blocks of time. Tonight might be one of those nights. On my list of things to do, though, is to measure the desk in the office to see how it will fit downstairs in the bedroom. At the end of June we're turning the office in to Nolan's room, in prepration for his big move in July sometime. We want him to be as comfortable as possible before new baby arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment